We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

12 more days until Isla!! Roll call for Feb 22-Mar 4.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
123 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
12 more days until Isla!! Roll call for Feb 22-Mar 4.

Absolutely can't wait. It will be our 4th trip there. AND the good news is we are going back in July and bringing the kids so we can do the whale shark swim...and introduce them to the beauty of the people and the island of Isla Mujeres....

Minnesota has not had that bad of a winter AT ALL this year...so I kind of feel guilty even going.

But I am over it now. :)

Stillwater...
Level Contributor
873 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 12 more days until Isla!! Roll call for Feb 22-Mar 4.

Tom and I are going to be there February 28 - March 19. We're from Stillwater and met you and Ed at Soggy Peso last year. I hope we get to see you and the rest of the Vadnais Heights group this year.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,249 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 12 more days until Isla!! Roll call for Feb 22-Mar 4.

That's great, Kasha. Staying at Chi Chi's again?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 12 more days until Isla!! Roll call for Feb 22-Mar 4.

We arrive March 4th

only 22 days.

Harley are you going to the wedding? We were talking about getting together a few days before it if interested.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
123 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 12 more days until Isla!! Roll call for Feb 22-Mar 4.

Ah yes! Most of the VH folks will be there before we arrive...I think they are leaving next week.

Would love to hook up again for HH!..I am sure we will!

Safe travels!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
123 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 12 more days until Isla!! Roll call for Feb 22-Mar 4.

TNY, we are staying at Chi Chi's but decided on a whim to go down a day early, so we will wander until we find a hotel for one night....we thought that might be kind of fun to do. (We only take carry ons, so we can wander with luggage).

It's always fun to try new places--we are staying at Ixchel in July when we come. Not a big fan of the more modern places, but we will be bringing our teenagers with, so nice to have a kitchen to cook snacks or re heat leftovers. Hard to all eat at the same time with them!

New Castle, Delaware
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 12 more days until Isla!! Roll call for Feb 22-Mar 4.

My husband & I will be there from Feb 25 to March 5. We are Isla newbies but from reading this board I feel like I'm already getting acclimated to the island. So excited! We're staying at Casa Azul and will probably rent a golf cart for a good portion of time.

Edited: 13 February 2012, 14:39
Wild Rose, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
149 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 12 more days until Isla!! Roll call for Feb 22-Mar 4.

We arrive this Friday! Can't wait to get out of Wisconsin!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 12 more days until Isla!! Roll call for Feb 22-Mar 4.

We will be there Feb 27- March 5 staying at PA. Last year was our first time to the Island and we loved it so much we are going back! So excited and would be fun to meet up with some fellow MN'ers, hope to see you around!

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 12 more days until Isla!! Roll call for Feb 22-Mar 4.

My wife and I are staying at the PA for 6 nights with another couple from 2/26-3/3. Its our second trip to Isla and have fallen in love with the island like everyone else in this forum. Thanks to all the dedicated users in the forum for making prep plans so much easier. And thanks to MapChick for the fantastic read that helps just as much in anticipation as it does on the actual trip!

New Castle, Delaware
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 12 more days until Isla!! Roll call for Feb 22-Mar 4.

Kasha - you leave tomorrow!!!

I will be Isla-bound on Saturday and I can't concentrate on anything (perhaps it's the cold I just came down with, but I'm sure that's only partly to blame)....

can't wait!!