We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yoga on the island??

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
toronto
2 posts
Save Topic
Yoga on the island??

Hey,

I loved the yoga studio I went last time we were there, but I believe it is now closed. Where else is open right now for yoga classes on the island? Are they drop in?

Heading out tomorrow so I would be greatful if someone can let me know asap.

Thanks!

Nameste

new jersey
Level Contributor
713 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Yoga on the island??

Here is a link for you: http://www.yogalifeislamujeres.com/

I read that there are yoga classes at Casa IxChel Hotel. Anyone can join the class.

Have a wonderful trip!

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,469 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yoga on the island??

Also Meg De Clerk was giving classes at Elements of the Island and at Ixchel. I assume she's still doing that.

islamujeresyoga.com/Site/Maps_Directions.html

Arctic Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yoga on the island??

In December we were staying at the Avalon Reef and would have lunch at the Zazii Ha restaurant at the Na Balam hotel and there was Yoga there ...Not sure if it was only for hotel guests or anyone could join..

Safe travels...jimmy

Save Reply
4. Re: Yoga on the island??

Herewegomexico, let's downward dog on the beach y'all. But I think I'll mostly indulge in the corpse pose. ;)

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,469 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yoga on the island??

The Yoga for Life posted by L0ve2travel is located at the Na Balam hotel and yes, it's for everyone :)

Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yoga on the island??

Here is my full schedule for those that want to attend a particular style or level of yoga! Thanks all and hope to see you soon!

Monday -9am Gentle Slow Flow (Moving Meditation, Breathing Techniques, Slow Gentle Movements ~a class for all all levels) at Elements of the Island

Monday -10:15 Strong Vinyasa Ashtanga Flow (Intermediate level) at Elements of the Island

Tuesday- 8am-9am at Ixchel Beach Hotel All levels class on the beach

Tuesday- 9:30am - Beginner Vinyasa Flow at Elements Of the Island

Wednesday- 8am-9am at Ixchel Beach Hotel All levels class on the beach

Wednesday- 9:30- Strong Vinyasa Ashtanga Flow at Elements of the Island

Thursday -9am Gentle Slow Flow (Moving Meditation, Breathing Techniques, Slow Gentle Movements ~a class for all all levels) at Elements of the Island

Thursday -10:15 Strong Vinyasa Ashtanga Flow (Intermediate level) at Elements of the Island

Friday- 8am-9am at Ixchel Beach Hotel All levels class on the beach

Friday- 9:30-10:30 Beginner Ashtanga at Elements of the Island

Namaste - Meg (all the info is here also www.islamujeresyoga.com)

Edited: 15 February 2012, 17:44
Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Yoga on the island??

yes, still there! Having a great time!! Thanks :-)

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,469 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Yoga on the island??

Thanks, that's very helpful. I'm adding this thread to the "Must do activities" Top Question.

Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
2,223 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Yoga on the island??

We have lots of great yoga options on Isla!!

If you are staying downtown, Meg DeClerck at Elements & Ixchel Condos is an incredible instructor. I love her gentle slow flow class. Her schedule is posted above.

Jackie Rae & YogaLife are no longer at Na Balam, Lorrie & Lal are operating Vastu School of Yoga there now. They also have Schools in Florida. For their schedules feel free to email them at vastuyoga@hotmail.com

If you are staying on the airstrip or mid-Island, Melanie Herrman teaches at Casa Ixchel on Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays at 9am. I used to attend these classes before I started working downtown.

If you are staying on the Southend, Maryann Burns has yoga classes in the dome building on the Caribbean side not far from the Shell house. You can email her at maryannburns@yahoo.com to find our her schedule.

If you are staying on Punta Sur, Katie Cain holds Tranquila Gentle Yoga Flow classes at Loma Bonita Condo Palapa from 9 am to 10:10am, Monday, Thursday & Saturday. You can email her at katiecain1@gmail.com for more information.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,469 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Yoga on the island??

That's great info, WR. Thanks!