We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Privilege All Inclusive

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Durham, North...
Level Contributor
502 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Privilege All Inclusive

I am seeing the all inclusive option at Privilege for an extra $40 a day total.

When I first started checking out this hotel, it was $20 extra a day. When I asked for opinions, it seemed the $20 extra a day was well worth it for drinks and lunch. No, I have not booked my trip yet. So now the price went up. Hoping to book within the next week.

Anyway, do you guys think $40 extra a day is still worth it for drinks and lunch? I imagine we will end up having lunch off the resort probably 2 times while we are there. And dinner off the resort at least 5 of the 7 nights, if not every night. But we are total beach people and I know we will spend a lot of time on the beach having drinks and will get lunch and snacks as well. So I wonder if we would spend $40 a day doing that anyway.

Thanks for any insight! :) This forum has been very helpful!!

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
9,958 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Privilege All Inclusive

"do you guys think $40 extra a day is still worth it for drinks and lunch?"

That's a question only you can answer--it doesn't matter whether it's worth it to us. It also depends how much you drink and what. Figure beers at roughly $2 and mixed drinks at $4-5. If you also figure lunch for two at $20, it takes only 10 beers or 4-5 mixed drinks to spend another $20. So if you drink at least that much you're coming out ahead. For most people this is a bargain.

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
502 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Privilege All Inclusive

Thanks for your response. I didn't have any idea what prices would be like at the hotel for drinks and food. So I was not sure what we would spend. We would probably have about 3 drinks a day each plus bottle water throughout the day at the beach and then probably a glass of wine or champagne in the evening before heading to dinner as the beach bar there looks nice for watching the sunset. And I forgot about the mini bar in the room. We would probably take a drink or two from that each day. So according to the prices you provided, it seems worth it. Thank you!!

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
416 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Privilege All Inclusive

Hi Ginaz,

I just booked PA for July and my husband and I had the same dilemma. We ended up going with the AI plan, just because I know we'll spend most of our days lounging on the beach or swimming, and probably venture into town in the evening. We've never been to Isla Mujeres before, but that seems to be our beach vacation routine, whether we stay at an AI or not.

So for us, the AI is a good deal, and we can still eat out for dinners and the occasional lunch and still feel like we're getting our money's worth. But it depends on the person. I just read most recent review of PA and the reviewer said the only reason you'd need the AI is if you're an alcoholic, LOL!

-Lori

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,569 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Privilege All Inclusive

A glass of wine is around 4 - 5 dollars, so if you have 3 mixed drinks and a glass of wine before dinner, that's 20 dollars a person right there without even having any lunch. So if you meant 40 dollars extra for both of you, then it's worth it for sure.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,624 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Privilege All Inclusive

Lunch entrees are about $9-$10

Beers are about $2.50-$3

Mixed drinks are $5-$9

I think the AI is worth it if you eat dinner and a few lunches off the property. You never know, you may want some room service at some point. I know we always stay in at least one night. I'm not sure what they charge for bottled water. I know I could probably drink 10 per day.

Fort Nelson, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Privilege All Inclusive

We are heading to Priveleges for our third stay next month. We had been toying with trying somewhere different this time, but after crunching the numbers of a condo ( nautibeach or ixchel, because of location) and food/ drinks and most dinners out we figured the AI option at PA is well worth it. During our last trips we enjoyed the freedom of eating at some of the great restaurants in the area, but also enjoyed the beach days drinks (both alcoholic and virgin), a nightcap at Sabor, or room service lunch.

I would recommend the AI option at Priveleges as a good deal.

nikkid37
Level Contributor
354 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Privilege All Inclusive

I am going back to Isla in May for my 5th trip. I have stayed at a few different places and I am a huge Ixchel fan but going PA this time around. Some friends got crazy cheap prices for AI that could not be passed up. I do like to have some drinks on vacation on the beach so I am sure that alone is worth it. I will eat out most meal I have too many favorites places :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Privilege All Inclusive

I think the all inclusive prices depends on when you are going to P.A.

I'm going next week and I was told it was $40 a day,pp. I spoke to someone over the phone to tell them that I've heard of people paying $20 a day. They replies that the different prices reflect when you are going to Aluxes. I guess since I'm traveling in busy season, they are higher.

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
502 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Privilege All Inclusive

I noticed on hotels.com that the all inclusive rate right now for the time I am going is lower than the same room not all inclusive! Crazy, right!? And right now it is $40 a day total (not each). Last week though it was $80 total for the same time period. I am planning to reserve this weekend, so hopefully the prices stay the same! seems like AI will be well worth it based on all your repsonses.

Pen Argyl...
Level Contributor
365 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Privilege All Inclusive

Maybe you all should consider not taking all inclusive at all, right across the street from your hotel is a street with many places to eat & you could go in your bathing suit, just another thought.