We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a small Isla hotel that uses PayPal for deposit

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
C M
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
977 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a small Isla hotel that uses PayPal for deposit

I am more than a little leery of sending my credit card number and security code via email to a third world country. Didn't want to have to stay at the more expensive hotels just so that I could book online. Any suggestions? Looking for a hotel 'near' beach and 'near' town center. This is our first trip to Isla. Thanks.

USA
Level Contributor
710 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a small Isla hotel that uses PayPal for deposit

Casa Sirena.

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,153 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a small Isla hotel that uses PayPal for deposit

mlr....you were looking at Posada del Mar right? If that's where you want go check out www.islabeckons.com...well known and reputable company..they can take care of the bookings for that hotel and they use PayPal.

C M
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
977 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a small Isla hotel that uses PayPal for deposit

Thanks!! I have looked at so many hotels I cannot remember which ones are which. I will check on www.islabeckons.com

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,153 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a small Isla hotel that uses PayPal for deposit

I also noticed on their main page under 'Hot Deals'...there's a 10% discount on all bookings for Posada del Mar right now. Maybe it'll save you a few bucks. :-)

Plattsmouth...
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a small Isla hotel that uses PayPal for deposit

Mornings in Mexico had a 10% discount when I booked our stay with them also. We paid our hotel with a money order sent to an account she has in the US. We were very happy with her prompt, friendly service. She will answer any questions you have usually the same day. Just another option but I don't think she does the paypal thing.

6. Re: Looking for a small Isla hotel that uses PayPal for deposit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 24 February 2012, 19:18
7. Re: Looking for a small Isla hotel that uses PayPal for deposit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 24 February 2012, 19:19
Edited: 24 February 2012, 19:19
Dallas
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
1,671 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for a small Isla hotel that uses PayPal for deposit

Zina's Guest House in La Gloria. American owned and she takes PayPal

http://www.zinahouse.com/

Oops, edited to say that this is not near town, but in the very heart of the biggest colonia mid island.

Edited: 24 February 2012, 19:55
Grayslake, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,712 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for a small Isla hotel that uses PayPal for deposit

La Vida dulce casitas (islatrip.com)

Color de Verano apartments

Canada
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for a small Isla hotel that uses PayPal for deposit

Color de verano does not take paypal (I paid a deposit recently). Western Union and US bank transfer only.