We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned from Isla::::(((( part 1

philly
Level Contributor
386 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Just returned from Isla::::(((( part 1

Had a very smooth direct flight from PHL and arrived on Isla at 12:30pm. Hungry, of course, walked over to Brisas Grill for lunch from the ferry dock. From there took a nice walk to Playa La Media Luna which is located to the right of Avalon on the beach. We booked a king room that had a great balcony overlooking the pool and beach.That night we had dinner at Da Luisa for my husbands birthday and it was beautiful and delish.

2nd day we rented a golfcart and went to Mangos for breakfast, cruised around a little, and went to Zama beach club for a few hours. We paid 10.- for 2 beach chairs, 2for1, make a deal!! We had 4 drinks, a light lunch and 2 chairs for 50- including tip. I thought is was worth it. To be continued.........

philly
Level Contributor
386 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just returned from Isla::::(((( part 1

One addition to part 1, we had dinner at Comono the 2nd night. The atmosphere is nice and relaxing on the rooftop patio with great drinks, and very good Mediterranean food.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,645 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just returned from Isla::::(((( part 1

Sounds great, thanks for getting back to us :) What did you have at Da Luisa? Can't wait for more!

philly
Level Contributor
386 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just returned from Isla::::(((( part 1

At Da Luisa we had the tuna tartar to start. I had the pasta with garlic and oil, parmesan cheese and chili pepper that I actually thought about a few times during the week, it was that good. My husband had the Filet with Peppercorn Sauce that was great.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,414 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just returned from Isla::::(((( part 1

Do they still offer a Gorgonzola sauce for their steaks? That was so good we had to try making our own when we got home!

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,645 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just returned from Isla::::(((( part 1

Sounds delicious. I'm going to try making that pasta.

philly
Level Contributor
386 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just returned from Isla::::(((( part 1

Me too NY!! DMartin......not sure but would be happy to go back and check on that.

7. Re: Just returned from Isla::::(((( part 1

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 23:16