We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

$100 a day.

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, TX
Level Contributor
131 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
$100 a day.

Is this a reasonable amount for food and drinks daily for two adults. We are big drinkers on some days. We plan on bar hopping and will likely eat a big breakfast and dinner. We dont plan on going to the more expensive restaurants. Just want to try a few local favorites. I also have a list of a few happy hours and we definitley plan on finding a few of those places.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
206 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: $100 a day.

My wife and I usually spend around that daily not worrying about any amount spent really, after all it is vacation on a Carribean Island! Sometimes we go over $100 which makes the ATMs most convenient! We also stay at a bed and breakfast, so breakfast is included, plus a nightly happy hour atop the roof of Casa Sirena where guests are served free drinks for two hours each evening (except Sunday).

So if I attempt to break this down, here goes:

afternoon drinks on the beach or out and about $20-$30

late lunch with drinks $30

dinner $40-$50

tiff, you may want to budget $150 daily for your breakfast and evening drink expenses. I hope this helps!

Wyoming
Level Contributor
2,042 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: $100 a day.

We eat at local places and buy liquor to have in our room. We have never come close to spending $100 on any day on Isla. But, this seems to be a good amountbto plan for based on what I see on TA.

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
126 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: $100 a day.

That's probably about what we average. Some days more, some less, but about $100 does the job.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: $100 a day.

On my own, I rarely spend more than $30/day. $100 for 2 will be plenty IMO.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,655 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: $100 a day.

It really depends on what you mean by "big drinkers." If you mean lots of beer, or 2 x 1 margaritas during happy hour, no problem staying within your budget. But if it means top shelf, imported liquor like good scotch, etc., then maybe not. Our budget for the day runs between 80 - 120, depending on where we eat and what we eat.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
131 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: $100 a day.

No top shelf liquor. 2 x 1 margaritas are a must. Thanks for all the great replys.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: $100 a day.

list of happy hours! where can I find one of those! 7 days out now!

Wyoming
Level Contributor
2,042 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: $100 a day.

Just walk around. Most places have signs telling you their times. Have fun!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: $100 a day.

Bring a colapsable cooler and Bubba Kegs. You'll save tons of money and the kegs keep drinks cold for hours.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: $100 a day.

I will be walking about. The easy thing is that I am sure there is not a lacking of drinks on the island. I am the only one in my family drinks. My husband isn't allowed to with meds he is on. I am sure I can always find a cold one somewhere! I like beer and mixed drinks. I probably wont have wine, it wont fit into my "feel" of the vacation :)