We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sunrise on punta sur

Strongsville, Ohio
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Topic
sunrise on punta sur

Has anyone watched the sunrise on Punta Sur? Are you allowed on that property that early in the morning? Everyone talks about the beautiful sunsets, but is there a favorite location for a sunrise?

Christina Lake...
Level Contributor
68 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sunrise on punta sur

Deffinately the sun rise at Punta Sur in the best. because the site is not open at that time, you can walk through the park to the very most south tip of the island. Its pretty beautiful!

U.S.
Level Contributor
3,464 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sunrise on punta sur

I have also wondered about access to see Punta Sur.

I am thinking the only way to experience Punta Sur is by entry thru the site.

Is it like a State Park? Gated entry.

Who operates the site?

I am thinking that when they are there/open, it is like $3.00 per person.

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,336 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sunrise on punta sur

When you get to Punta Sur there's a long'ish building towards the eastern side with a big sculpture..you can go around to the left where there are vendors (and a bathroom at the end for 5 pesos) or the right where there's a little ice cream (?) shop and a gift store where you also pay your $3.

On the right side of the gift shop, a path separates it, there's a public bathroom (5 pesos) and Acantilado the restaurant.

If you're there before the store opens, you just walk in..there's no gate.

Strongsville, Ohio
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: sunrise on punta sur

WIBS - so you can just walk thru and watch the sunrise? My son is looking for a special place to propose to his girl and we thought of punta sur. She mentioned she wants to get up early to watch a sunrise one day, so a sunrise on Punta Sur sounded perfect as long as you can access it.

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
16 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sunrise on punta sur

I walk there 3 times a week to watch the sunrise......its just a rope you have to go around......just bring 30 pesos with you if someone shows up that works there. I go early and have yet to see anyone. I think you have a great idea for a proposal. Good luck!!

6. Re: sunrise on punta sur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2013, 05:16