We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Already planning my vacation after next

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wylie, Texas
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Topic
Already planning my vacation after next

Im headed to the Palace in August but with all the options on the island for food i was thinking next time we would try a non AI resort. Whats your fav and why.Are the amenities as great as an AI.Are the drinks really expensive.?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
169 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Already planning my vacation after next

We split our vacation, first week we rent a condo at Ixchel on Playa Norte, they have room service, a pool side restaurant with beach service and room service, not to mention the best beach and many other amenities. The second week we move to Airport Strip for to a private property on the Caribbean. We love shopping at the Super Express and we're looking forward to shopping at the new Chedraui (we'll be there this August, too). There are so many options on Isla. Have Fun!

Arvada, CO
Level Contributor
199 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Already planning my vacation after next

I think KTJones has the right idea. We have stayed at both Nautibeach and Ixchel and love them both, but we have a little girl, so it's more convenient for us to be close to Centro and Playa Norte. Otherwise, I'd probably love the split between North Beach and a villa.

And drinks are generally not expensive at all. I usually buy beer at the Super Express and carry it to the beach in a tote cooler. But if we wanted to use most of the beach bars they almost always have good prices. Things get even better once you leave the beach, price-wise.

Edited: 18 July 2012, 04:03
3. Re: Already planning my vacation after next

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2013, 05:16