We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf Cart Rentals ONLINE ?

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
169 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Golf Cart Rentals ONLINE ?

Has anyone used Isla Mujeres Golf Cart Rentals to book and pay for a cart online and have it delivered to your hotel? Do you consider their rates competitive, did drop-off and pick-up go as you hoped? Any pros or cons? We need a large cart for a week.

www.islamujeresgolfcartrentals.com

Thanks

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,777 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf Cart Rentals ONLINE ?

I guess it depends on what they mean by larger carts; do they seat more than four? We’ve rented from Ciro’s what was technically a larger cart with storage trunk and all seats facing forward but it was still technically a four-seater. Cost was the same as the regular cart. In high season (which is also now from what I hear because of Mexican nationals traveling so there’s a demand) they charged 550 pesos per day and 600 for 24 hours. We rented for the week and it worked out to 42 dollars/day x 6 (we don’t need it the last day when we were traveling home) = about 275 dollars.

So I guess the prices are a bit higher but then you’re paying for the convenience of dropping off and picking up. Also if you pay in dollars it will work out to a bit more since they probably won’t go on the 13 peso/dollar exchange rate.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf Cart Rentals ONLINE ?

Did you end up booking through IslaMujeresGolfCartRentals.com? We are thinking about booking though them for a trip in March. THANKS!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf Cart Rentals ONLINE ?

I booked through them for my upcoming trip. Booked a cart for 7 days through them. I guess they use a few of the rental companies.

We ended up with Indios golf carts.

The process was very easy and we got a rate of 315.00 for 7 days.

They will deliver and pick up if you request it.

Since we will be arriving to the island about 3 hours before our check in we decided to just pick the cart up when we get off the ferry.

I wanted to just have the cart payed for and waiting for us when we arrived.

I do not know what the rates will be now as we booked a few months ago and got a good rate.

I have used Prisma before and was happy with their carts.

I know Feb on the island is very busy and did not want the hassle of not having the cart situation taken care of before we arrived.

Hillsboro, Oregon
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golf Cart Rentals ONLINE ?

We booked our cart a couple of weeks ago for our trip in late Feb. Very easy and Jimbo was fantastic to work with!! Will report more dtails when we return for the island.

5. Re: Golf Cart Rentals ONLINE ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2014, 05:15