We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6-passenger golf carts

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
9,843 posts
133 reviews
Save Topic
6-passenger golf carts

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but I was unable to find any 3-seat, 6-passenger carts, even at the places people said they saw them. These are all privately owned or owned by the rental companies exclusively for their use.

I can't say I went to every place on the island but every time I passed one on foot I stopped and asked.

White Rock, Canada
Level Contributor
203 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 6-passenger golf carts

Thanks for checking it out. Good to know. Will just have to rent 2 then.

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
328 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6-passenger golf carts

Thanks for checking.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 6-passenger golf carts

send in the marines.......shape those people up.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,465 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 6-passenger golf carts

Thanks, DM. I guess both Ciro and Islander have them but not for rent. When I saw the company name on them I assumed they were not privately owned but it seems they keep them only for themselves or family/friends.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 6-passenger golf carts

We rented from Ciros two years ago and they have the ones with the box in the back for a little more money.

We just had two people sit in the back box. It was not the greatest, but it did work.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,465 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 6-passenger golf carts

Glad that worked out for you but I really would not advise anyone to do that ;)

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 6-passenger golf carts

I know, :)

but it worked just fine.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,465 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 6-passenger golf carts

Supposedly it is the taxi union or whatever it is called that fought to limit the golf carts to four seats and opposed the rental of six-seaters but their logic makes no sense to me. I guess they assume that people would rather take two cabs than rent two golf carts to save money but then people who rent golf carts are not exactly doing it to save money. It’s ridiculously expensive to rent golf carts as compared to taking cabs yet people still rent them because after all, you can take a cab at home, wherever you live, but how many places can you rent a golf cart? They’re fun. It’s not like three couples who want to have fun driving around on Isla are going to say, hey, let’s zip around Isla in a couple of cabs it’s much cheaper that way. People who want to rent golf carts will still rent them and those who would rather take cabs will take cabs

Plattsmouth...
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 6-passenger golf carts

Ah, the illusive 6 passenger golf carts. I think another name for them could be unicorns. Do they exist? Or are they make believe? We were on a quest to find them in January too.

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
5,877 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 6-passenger golf carts

LOL!, "unicorns"