We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Privilege Aluxes Day 2

Wisconsin Dells...
Level Contributor
239 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Privilege Aluxes Day 2

The Service here is top notch,from the Front desk and checkin process. Jaimie greeting us,bringing our bags in from the cab ,taking them to our room and showing us things.Raul at Cafe Del Mar,pulling out our chairs and pushing my wifes back in.His draping of our napkins in our laps.Speedy cleanup of used dishes and prompt help with refills. Sabor for breakfast this morning an awesome array of food.Lox, prosciutto,Made to order omelettes,all sorts of fresh pastries,sausage,pancakes 4 kinds of bread,4 kinds of juice and 50 more selections.The service in Sabor also was awesome.Now it`s off to the beach .

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,225 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Privilege Aluxes Day 2

"Now it`s off to the beach ."

To contemplate your next meal, no doubt. Time on Isla consists of eating and thinking about your next meal. Thanks for sharing!

Amherst...
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Privilege Aluxes Day 2

If you see Jesus at Cafe Del Mar, tell him Jose and Kim from Massachusetts say hola and we'll be back in January.

Wisconsin Dells...
Level Contributor
239 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Privilege Aluxes Day 2

I read that Jesus is on vacation...we will enjoy Javier again this evening.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
168 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Privilege Aluxes Day 2

I can think of nothing better that I would rather be doing right now than laying on the beach after eating a breakfast that someone else cooked for me!

White Rock, Canada
Level Contributor
203 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Privilege Aluxes Day 2

How's the wifi on the beach?

Baltimore
Level Contributor
377 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Privilege Aluxes Day 2

SugarSkullz - We just got back from 10 days and we sat in the "front row" most days (palapa 5).....wifi was great from our chairs!

Be aware on your first day that the name of the hotspot on the beach is different than in the hotel.

Edited: 28 September 2012, 02:39
White Rock, Canada
Level Contributor
203 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Privilege Aluxes Day 2

awesome! thanks, gk101.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,297 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Privilege Aluxes Day 2

excellent I am glad WIFI has improved since last year

It sucked everywhere but the lobby - our room - nothing

Wisconsin Dells...
Level Contributor
239 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Privilege Aluxes Day 2

Wifi on beach is good,when you are there it is Cafe Del Mar wifi. After we finished with lunch we hit the beach.Plenty of Palapas and beds.My wife and I shared a palapa and were throughout the day by Enrique.I will start by saying we lacked for nothing the whole day the service was better than we needed as Enrique took care of oue every need.The drink service as all services during our stay so far was awesome.I had drinks before I finished what I was currently drinking.Cocktails,Cervesas and water was enjoyed.We had a bucket with ice to keep things cold.We enjoyed ordering from the lunch menu at different times,The Gauc,Pico and chips were great and I also enjoyed the Tacos Camrones which were excellent. In the coming days I will sample everything the menu.We shared a fresh Coconut from a vendor and was disappointed ,just wasn`t we expected.Had the nuts from the wonderful nut lady 2 bags for 2 dollars.Walked the beach over past Ixchel and back,quite enjoyable.The sun was very intense and it is very warm out....all good.I am really enjoying the mix of people here.Over 1/2 are non american which is a pleasure.No problems with sea weed,boat traffic,vendors or anything for that manner.I sit here relaxing under a palapa with a beverage,reading and wonder how people can complain about this place? I guess it`s all a state of mind and if you don`t get.....you never will,adios for now from paradise amigos,I get it !

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,626 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Privilege Aluxes Day 2

Glad you are having a great time. To me, PA's beach experience is their greatest asset. I have been to a number of nice AI resorts on the mainland and none of their beach experiences measure up. I always suggest PA on the other forums when it is appropriate and I usually get the impression that people do not take IM and PA seriously. I challenge anyone to find a resort on the mainland that

Has palapas available at any time

Reliable food and drink service on the beach

WiFi on the beach

Beach restaurant a few feet from the palapas

Powder white sand and clear blue water

Calm surf

You can't get all of the above anywhere at any price let alone at PA prices. The closest I have seen was at the Royal Hideaway. RH has better food than PA, but a standard room at RH is twice as much as a suite at PA.