We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I should be packing, but instead I am mapping.

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lancaster...
Level Contributor
111 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
I should be packing, but instead I am mapping.

Yes, you read that right - mapping. I have my mapchick maps spread out on the floor and I am reading them from top to bottom, side to side. We head down to BWI tomorrow around noon to spend the night before our 7:00am Saturday flight. I do not have a single thing packed - not. a. single. thing. My priorities are on deciding on our dining choices, but I guess I need to pack something right?

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,168 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I should be packing, but instead I am mapping.

LOL Go in your bathing suit, cover up and flip flops? :-) I bet you're excited! Safe travels! :-)

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
111 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I should be packing, but instead I am mapping.

Oh! Wouldn't that be a sight! But that's what I wore most of the time last time we went. Don't we tell people to pack light on this forum because they can buy everything they need on the island? LOL

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,168 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I should be packing, but instead I am mapping.

LOL....buy it when you get there haha..or better yet..pack light and take your stuff to the lavanderia for 30 pesos and get it washed & folded..smells like a million bucks!

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
307 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I should be packing, but instead I am mapping.

I second WIBS...nothing made m feel cooler than the first time i took my clothes to a laundrey on Isla!

And I'm not kidding,next time I come i will wear only my bathing suit and a cover up all day every day...real clothes only for dinner!

Plattsmouth...
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I should be packing, but instead I am mapping.

You won't be able to sleep anyway, keep on mappin'. You can pack a couple of hours before you leave for the airport. Have fun!

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,949 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I should be packing, but instead I am mapping.

I like that term "mapping" - I LOVE pouring over my mapchick maps! Besides, should only take you about 15 mins to pack - passport, ATM cards/cash, toiletries, shorts, swimsuit, tank tops and snorkel gear. Have a great trip! :)

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
2,985 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I should be packing, but instead I am mapping.

Been there myself! the night before is exciting! I've learnt over the years that packing up the basics is best done a couple of weeks before before the brain registers reality! Good luck, and yes you can pick up stuff after you get there..

Plattsmouth...
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I should be packing, but instead I am mapping.

Looks like you still have a couple of hours. Now quit reading TA posts and start packing.

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
111 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I should be packing, but instead I am mapping.

Heather - still not packing yet! We are heading down to our hotel around 5:00 due to some last minute things that came up with my husband's work. I did do some laundry though....I just may be the first one to show up on Isla with only the clothes on my back. I did not realize I was this much of a procrastinator!

Plattsmouth...
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I should be packing, but instead I am mapping.

I am so bad about that! I had things I didn't use like sunscreen packed a month ahead of time but clothes? About 5 hours before our trip!