We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booked For Feb - Now a few ?

Appleton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
664 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Booked For Feb - Now a few ?

Ok - so I have been absent for awhile and at one point swore the forum off - but you all know me better - there is way too much great information on here to ignore and heck where else would I get the answers to my questions.

In the middle of my booking process I lost my nonstop flight that I wanted and got stuck on a 4:10 flight from ORD so that means that we do not get into Cancun until 8:10 or so - one site I looked at says ferries run until midnight and one says 8:30 - there is no way I will make it by 8:30 but if it is midnight that would be great.

Second question is - has anyone heard of Casa Bonita and Villas Isla Mujeres? There is one review from the last 2 years and that makes me a bit worried. Anyway, Looking forward to my next visit and sure did miss you guys.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
914 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booked For Feb - Now a few ?

Hi Beachlover, welcome back!

Here is a link to the Ultramar website,

http://www.granpuerto.com.mx/EN/index.html

It says the ferries run from Puerto Juarez to Isla Mujeres every half hour from 5:00 am until 8:30 pm and then, 9:30 pm, 10:30 pm & 11:30 pm.

Hope that helps a little

Appleton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
664 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booked For Feb - Now a few ?

Thanks - I actually just found the right link at the top too - hoping they stick to that schedule but it will be high season (I guess) - and they should. Never been there in high season before - Been there in Dec - and swore I would never go back - got too cold at night - I do not want to put a sweater on at night on vacation. So can anyone assure me that Feb I will not need a sweatshirt?

Plattsmouth...
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booked For Feb - Now a few ?

Hi! Welcome back! We were there January 22 to February 3 and it was 74 or 75 lows every night and 85 to 89 every day (high). We thought it was perfect but we've only been one time. We are going earlier in January this year and I hope it's exactly the same.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
39,494 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booked For Feb - Now a few ?

Well - I have been to Isla 4 times . . . late Dec-February time frame usually. Our last time was in mid-late Feb and it rained tons and was quite cool, but that isn't how it usually is. Wish I could guarantee good weather, but you just never know. I can guarantee it will be warmer than where we live. :)

I think the ferries have always ran close to 11:30 - midnight - so I think you would be fine with your arrival time.

Personally, I wouldn't take too much thought about reviews on TA - unless they are by frequent contributors, as I do value those. Hopefully someone on this forum will have stayed there and respond to your post regarding those properties or you can also post on the www.islamujeres.info forum for additional responses. Good luck - wish I were going in February! :)

Plattsmouth...
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booked For Feb - Now a few ?

Also, I have friends that stayed at something Bonita. It was white and looked like a house but there were two apartments on the upper floor with a big balcony that stretched all the way across the front. They stayed there in January 2011. I don't know if that's the place you are looking at but if it is, they liked it. I think they are a lot like me and are not very nit-picky. This coming January they will be staying with us at Posada del Mar. If the place I described sounds like the one you are looking at, I would be happy to ask them more questions or get photos from them.

Plattsmouth...
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booked For Feb - Now a few ?

Sorry, that's not the same place I mentioned in my last post. It looks a lot nicer lol. Their place was nice but very minimal.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,975 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booked For Feb - Now a few ?

One possible reason why there haven't been recent reviews is because it's (Casa Bonita) a very large house (6 bedrooms ) and pretty expensive. So unless people are looking to split the cost of a large, expensive house, or need one for a family reunion, wedding, etc., they're going to look for a smaller, less expensive rental. It's a beutiful house.

I would definitely bring a sweater or wrap for evenings. We've been in early March when I needed it; there's no telling when a norte may blow through. Days will be nice and warm but evenings could be cool.

Southwest Michigan
Level Contributor
2,331 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booked For Feb - Now a few ?

Feb. can have cool evenings, I agree with bringing a wrap of some kind. I don't take sweatshirts but I make sure I have a light jacket, sweater and/or shoulder wrap of some kind. Don't always need anything like that (many nights I have not) but best to be prepared :).

So sorry, but cannot assure you :(. Norte's ("north wind") DO happen in the winter months.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booked For Feb - Now a few ?

When are you going in Feb?

We will be Feb 21 thru March 10

Appleton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
664 posts
11 reviews