We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day 8 to 10 and some added tidbits

Courtenay, Canada
Level Contributor
410 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
day 8 to 10 and some added tidbits

Today we check out of PA and on to villa la Bella!

We rented a golf cart 2 days ago so last night we invited a couple we met from New Brunswick to join us for a ride downto the south end of the island to watch the sunset at the lookout just south of Garaffon park. The sunset wasnt as spectacular as some we have seen but it was a lovely vantage point. The other couple joined us for dinner at Limon. Wow we all thought it was the best meal we had eaten on Isla

The garden was absolutely gorgeous beautifully lit,. Sergio was charming and very handsome and boy can he cook! So pleased to see his new restaurant doing so well. The menu is extensive and quite unique.

Hubby and I shared Bruschetta and then we both had lobster Sergio style. It was delicious. Nice house wines we had a pinot grigio.

Our companions had coconut shrimp and chicken Skewers with a peanut sauce. They tootoo thought they were the best they ever had.

So far have to say Sergio id also the winner of my search for perfect Margarita, but that contest is not over yet.

Yesterday we spent our last full day at the beach and made the most of it. I bought a Pareo from one of the beach vendors and she taught me how to tie it as a dress with a v neck. I paid 150 pesos which I thought was a fair price

We finally bought a coconut from the coco loco guy as we call him. I enjoyed drinking the coconut water, and I think it was quite healing for my tummy

My husband then had fun with the challenge of removing the husk. Of course rather than waiting for the coco guy to come back he wanted to do it himself

Saturday night we ate at Lola Valentinas out was good but way too much food and I wasn't quite ready for that. We shared a Mexican cheese fondue with corn mushrooms (huitaloche?) Which I had never had before then we had grilled snapper with a ginger soy glace very nice but huge portions we should have shared. I think we spent all that day at the beach too!

All packed up for mid island now

Till next report

The lovebirds Carol and Mark

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
5,913 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day 8 to 10 and some added tidbits

Great report, thank you!!

I am so anxious to go to Limon!

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,337 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day 8 to 10 and some added tidbits

Limon is also pretty high on our "yet to try" list. Glad you liked it.

Can't wait to hear what you think of Villa La Bella--we're thinking we might finally stay there next trip.Say hi to Ashley for me!

Canada
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: day 8 to 10 and some added tidbits

It's official, I'm putting Limon on my list for next week. You had me at 'best margarita'....

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,112 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: day 8 to 10 and some added tidbits

Sounds wonderful and yes, Limon is on my to-be-tried list also. ITA that Lola V's portions are huge; we just shared one stuffed fish dish and it was still a lot. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip :)

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
273 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: day 8 to 10 and some added tidbits

We will try Limon next week too ....

6. Re: day 8 to 10 and some added tidbits

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 20:16