We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

villa la Bella and beyond

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Courtenay, Canada
Level Contributor
410 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
villa la Bella and beyond

So we did or big move yesterday from PA to Villa la Bella

We rented our limo (aka golf cart) through the hotel for several reasons.

1 We could pay with a credit card

2 We didn't have to leave a drivers license

3 We got complete insurance coverage

We rented for a week and out cost us $390. Which we didn't mind paying for the extra convenience .

We drive to Villa la Bella and fully expected to just be able to store our luggage and check in later. Curtis and Ashley were not there when we got there. Monday is their supply replenishing day so Francisco checked us in.

Vila la Bella es hermosa.

We got settled in our honeymoon suite. We then headed to modelarama to pick up some beer for hubby but found their supplies rather diminished. Chedraui was next for some wine for our dinner at Lolo's. I still think the Covi liquor store in Centro has a better wine selection.

We headed to La Gloria English school to make our donation. There was a class going on with a group of children, I am guessing about age 6 to 9.

They spoke with us in English and we were encouraged to do the same. They were adorable saying hello and welcome, and asking is our names and where we were from.

Maggie took us into her office and we bought the annual calendar.

What a lovely experience.

We headed to Oscars for lunch and sat around back overlooking the Marina. We shared a plate of nachos and some battered shrimp. Food was excellent. Margarita trial not so good. Super strong, I couldn't finish it.

Returned to Villa la Bella for some relaxation finally met Curtis and Ashley very warm and welcoming. Ashley even have us a coffee maker for our room so our problem of needing early morning coffee was solved

Forgot to mention we finally had one of their famous pina coladas and oh my was it delicious.

We'll be having more for certain.

Got ready for put dinner at Lolo's but I will do a separate report on that as this is already too long

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
5,873 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: villa la Bella and beyond

Sounds fantastic, I can't wait to hear about Lolo's!

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
9,825 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: villa la Bella and beyond

We got to tour each of the suites at VLB and can't decide between the honeymoon suite or the upstairs suite closest to the water, with a hanging bed.

Can't wait to hear your reaction to Lolo Lorena!

Plattsmouth...
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: villa la Bella and beyond

Too long for whom? Just kidding. I love that you took a donation to the school and I bet they were so happy to receive it. I hope you have a great time at Lolo's. Thanks for checking in regularly.

Kenai, Alaska
Level Contributor
568 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: villa la Bella and beyond

We rent our carts through the hotel for the same reasons. We tried to call Lolo's today to make a reservation for next week but didn't get in touch with her. We will try tomorrow.

Good job on the donation. We brought donations the last two years but sadly wasn't able to this year because of making a stop in Iowa to see my mother. We aready had three checked bags and 2 carry ons. Cold weather clothes for there and warm weather clothes for here. So they will just get cash this year.

Sounds like your having fun. I hope you enjoy Villa la Bella.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
466 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: villa la Bella and beyond

Please post more!

We are coming next month-and have a palapa reservation at VLB!

So cannot wait- it looks like the perfect destination for our 20th Anniversary celebration.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
9,825 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: villa la Bella and beyond

We also love supporting the La Gloria English School--the space taken up in our luggage for supplies makes room for souvenirs on the way back home. And since the gift giving season coincides with the end of the tax year, those of us stuck at home can still make a donation. The Friends Of La Gloria English School (FOLGES) are based in Madison, WI and have a website at www.folges.org where you can make a tax-deductible contribution.

7. Re: villa la Bella and beyond

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 18:17