We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Almost Thawed Out

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kenai, Alaska
Level Contributor
568 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Almost Thawed Out

Today we woke up very early, LOL, after going to bed at 7. Had coffee on the roof and watched the sun rise. Gave me time to get my head turned back around. Not being a very big drinker I'm surprised how fast I recovered.

We had breakfast at the PA. It is never super special but always good. Around 9:00 we went to the beach. It was very hot so around 10:00 I decided to have my first beer. But by that time I figured I had been up 6 hrs. We stayed on the beach until 12 or so and then headed down to Bally Hoo for lunch. I had the fish and chips, which was excellent, and the wife had the steak tacos. Hers was good also but she kept trying steal pieces of my fish.

After lunch we walk around downtown and did some shopping. I bought a T-shirt and the wife bought some beautiful Opal earrings from Mr. Opal. Then we headed for the room. Colleen took a nap and I took my new dive gear to Squalo to check it out before tomorrows dive. I'm happy I did. The air hose to my Dive computer had a leak. I left it there and they said it would be fixed by morning.

Came back and laid around for a few hours. Then around 5 we went over to the guy who has the little jewelry cart by Avalon. I wanted a silver money clip with a shark on it. He is making it for me and will have it done Monday. Then back to squalo to check my gear. I guess I was nervous, but it was taken care of. I can't say enough good things about those young men at Squalo.

By this time it was dinner time. We went to Minnos (sp). I wasn't very hungry so we decided to order the breaded fish and split it. I was not impressed with the food at all. We ate very little. I was pissy about it until Colleen reminded me that we are from Alaska where we catch fresh Halibut, Salmon, Crabs, and Shrimp, so we are very picky about fish. So it may have been better than we thought, just not what we are use to.

It was a beautiful day, hot but a nice breeze. I managed to pace myself with the beers today so I only laughed part of the time....LOL......

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
9,819 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Almost Thawed Out

Do you know where you're diving? A school of eagle rays was spotted off the Canonero wreck the other day! Have fun ...

Plattsmouth...
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Almost Thawed Out

I hope you finish thawing before it's time to go home. I'm thinking bloody marys?

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,464 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Almost Thawed Out

Try the fish at Brisas Grill. I thought it was excellent. Glad you're thawing out; really enjoying your reports, thank you, and keep them coming :)

4. Re: Almost Thawed Out

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 19:16