We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf Cart Rental

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Taunton...
Level Contributor
829 posts
246 reviews
Save Topic
Golf Cart Rental

We are looking for a day trip to Isla this year, after going a few times. We had used a prior rental place left off the passenger ferry then right and a left, looks like it might have changed names to Ppe's maybe. I also see Isla Muj. Golf rentals, Ciro's, Gomars, Prisma

Any suggestions , recommendations on any of these....

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,465 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf Cart Rental

We always rent from Ciro's because the carts are relatively new, well-maintained, and in all the many years of renting from them we have never had a problem. That said, others rent happily from different places, also without any problems. It's probably personal preference, loyalty, etc. Prices are pretty much the same, so it's not as if you're going to get a huge difference in prices from one place to the next.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
9,843 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf Cart Rental

I'm also a loyal Ciro's customer, but they are pretty far from the ferry. If you're only going for the day you could save the walk and go with one of the other major agencies, IMO.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
169 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf Cart Rental

We loved Isla Mujeres Golf Cart Rentals. Our cart was delivered (and picked up on time), we paid online prior to our trip and they came to us to keep it filled with gas!

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,465 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golf Cart Rental

They're doing a day trip. I don't know if they would deliver and pick up from the ferry dock. If yes, that's certainly a convenient option.

Taunton...
Level Contributor
829 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golf Cart Rental

Thanks for the feedback, nice to hear no major issue with any of them... closer is def better for us...so i appreciate the feedback DM

Plattsmouth...
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Golf Cart Rental

If you want close to the ferry, we rented from Bahia. The carts are not brand new but they ran fine. I think they were 550 or 600 pesos for the large carts with forward facing seats and a trunk in the back in high season. They are right up the street from the ferry on the same road. We did have to leave a drivers license with them for each cart we rented.

Taunton...
Level Contributor
829 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Golf Cart Rental

Is Bahia at a hotel--i coulldn't find them online

Plattsmouth...
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Golf Cart Rental

I doubt they have a website. It's just a small storefront among other shops. I believe there is another rental place before them too. The rate I stated was from 9 to 5 by the way. Also, wherever you rent from, lift the seat and make sure the gas tank is filled before you leave.

You might consider ordering a mapchick map, you might considering ordering one. They are the best and only ten dollars. They have prices,restaurant reviews, all kinds of info. If you do have one Bahia is c21 on the smaller map.

Plattsmouth...
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Golf Cart Rental

That was supposed to say "if you don't have a mapchick map, you might consider ordering one" lol.

Also Prisma rentals looks like it's even closer. I've read about many people renting from them.

Here's some info:

isla-mujeres.net/rentadoras/prisma/prisma.htm

Taunton...
Level Contributor
829 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Golf Cart Rental

Oh Ok, thank you, i did mention them in the original email, so thank you for sharing your positive experience--i had emailed them but the email came back undeliverable?.....