We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

casa azul

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chippewa Falls...
Level Contributor
279 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
casa azul

does anyone know about this rental? we are looking for a place in the colonias, but not too far from a beach with loungers etc. no need for a fancy place, just clean and efficient. any other suggestions on rentals would be welcome. much prefer not to stay in a hotel or in a tourist zone. thanks for your help.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,034 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: casa azul

Ccasa Azul is next door to the "Crayon House" in Colonia Meteorologico, just around the corner from Mango Cafe. It's a nice location, but not what I'd call "not too far from a beach" except in that it's a small island and nothing is too far from a beach. Still, you might want to check for something on the Bahia side so you'd be closer to places like Zama or Captain Dulche's for your beach. I suggest you contact Marla at Isla Budget Rentals. Here's their web site:

www.islamujeresbudgetrentals.com/wpsite/

Dallas
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
1,677 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: casa azul

You might consider Casa Havana. It's in centro but not the touristy section, some units have ocean views and it's a fairly short walk to Playa Norte

islamujeresbudgetrentals.com/_propertypages/…

Edited: 31 December 2012, 22:08
Saint Cloud...
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: casa azul

We are staying at Casa Azul for 10 nights the end of February into March. This will be our first stay there. We are really looking forward to new experiences and lots of exploring as well as hitting up our favorites from previous trips. Have stayed at Bahia Chac Chi, Casa El Pio and Privileges Aluxes before.

So far I have Mango Cafe, Monchis and Bastos on the list of mid island restaurants to try. We're planning to rent a golf cart for a few days, taxis and walking the rest of the time.

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
5,884 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: casa azul

Don't forget El Bruja restaurant as well.

Wyoming
Level Contributor
2,042 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: casa azul

I have been to Casa Azul several times as I had friends staying there. I really like the dipping pool, grill and common area on the roof. The units are small, but great for 2 people and seemed to be fully equipped. The couple that owns it is very nice and i enjoyed visiting with them. The negatives I noticed would be that the units seemed dark...not a lot of sunshine and the owners smoke and were many times sitting on the main floor patio where you had to walk. I did not notice the units smelling of smoke, tho. The steps going to the second floor are a little hard to navigate. It is close to where we stay, but it isn't "close" to any beach as DMartin said.

canada
Level Contributor
133 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: casa azul

we were at casa azul in june and will be back in feb we really liked it there. I also stayed at Zina's guest house in La Gloria and really like it there, it was a nice walk to playa lancheros and captain dulches. we mainly switched to casa azul because it was a bit cheaper, zina is still a really good price brighter aptments and kinda liked being able to walk easily to the more private beach clubs. I did like being close to the Mango cafe when staying at Casa Azul and a bit closer walk into north beach (still fairly long though, I needed to walk off all the wonderful food)

Edited: 01 January 2013, 14:05
7. Re: casa azul

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2014, 21:16