We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing trips in February and cart rentals

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
96 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing trips in February and cart rentals

Interested in fishing trips for 2-6 people in February. Any advice or pricing? We usually rent from Cirro's. (sp?) Do you believe this is still the best option? Staying 5 nights AI and 5 nights in a house. We have always sipped beer while driving the golf cart. Is the check point a new thing? Welcome advice. Thx,

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,263 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing trips in February and cart rentals

There have always been checkpoints, they're just a little more vigilant lately. I would not be sipping a beer while driving on Isla, just like I wouldn't be sipping a beer while driving in NY. Many people do it and get away with it but I really think it's best to wait for that beer after you stop.

Ciro's is still very popular but there are others. See first listing in the "Getting Around" Top Question in upper right hand side. Contact info for most major companies.

We also have a fishing Top Question with contact info for many captains and outfits. Check that out too.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g150810-c154111/Isla-…

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
96 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing trips in February and cart rentals

Understand the hazards of drinking and driving. Traffic with cars in the city and carts on a island ? Under law didn't want to do something that was illegal and risk a Mexico jail time or traffic stop. Having a beer from Roca Mar to Mangos is my definition of sipping.

Thank you for the fishing link. We like to go out on Panga's in Nicaragua. Was interested in local fishermen like that. Have a few Isla "Virgins" coming with us and wanted to be current on information.

Alwlays welcome advice and current updates. Sometimes grouped links are outdated.

Can't wait for sand in our toes and taco's in our hands.

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
96 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing trips in February and cart rentals

TravelerNewYork, Thank you on your reply. I'm a southern girl and feel like my response reads "snippy", not my intent at all. Appreciate experts on areas like you. Happy New Year. Salute.

Texas
Level Contributor
353 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishing trips in February and cart rentals

At this time I would not be drinking and driving golf cart.Although I have done it many times they(polica) have cracked down on it the last few months, Something else new if stopped you must have contract with you.

Fishing trips in Feb. can be touch and go because of weather(winds) but should be able to get one day in.

Have a great trip!

Pinehurst, North...
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fishing trips in February and cart rentals

My wife and I went on a half day fishing trip in the bay in June. We booked it with Manuel on hidalgo and it was $200us total. I can't remember what the name of his company is. He also rents carts. The more you book the more you can haggle. I ended up getting a cart for less than $40 per 24 hrs

Edited: 07 January 2013, 06:05
new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,263 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fishing trips in February and cart rentals

The fishing captains listed in the contact list I gave you are current. I update their info and add to the list as needed. And no, I didn't take your post as snippy at all, lol. Have fun on Isla!

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fishing trips in February and cart rentals

I will be back on Isla on the 28th for a quick fishing trip with he fellas.We will be using Capt. Jorge aboard the Anastasia.The company is called " on Isla Mujeres" and can be found online or on Facebook.I have used them for a Whaleshark tour last year and have found them very knowledgable and professional.

8. Re: Fishing trips in February and cart rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2014, 07:18