We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buffet with vegetarian options at or near Playa NORTE?

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
canada
Level Contributor
141 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
buffet with vegetarian options at or near Playa NORTE?

I am going to take the ferry to isla mujeres and want to spend the day at the beach.

I have some allergies and want to know if there is any restaurant at the beach with a BUFFET that has a good variety of vegetarian options?

ct
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: buffet with vegetarian options at or near Playa NORTE?

I think there are a lot of vegetarian options but I can't think of any buffets...vegetarian or not. Plenty of vegetarian things to order though.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
9,825 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: buffet with vegetarian options at or near Playa NORTE?

The only places I'm aware of with buffets are at some of the hotels like Privilege Aluxes. Perhaps you could purchase a day pass. Anyone else have any buffet knowledge?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,073 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: buffet with vegetarian options at or near Playa NORTE?

I wonder why it has to be a buffet and not just a restaurant with veggie choices?

Sandstone
Level Contributor
149 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: buffet with vegetarian options at or near Playa NORTE?

Buffet's every day at PA,starts at seven am to eleven am(breakfast),also a few more buffets during the week,,changes,each days in on street for info.

Sandstone
Level Contributor
149 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: buffet with vegetarian options at or near Playa NORTE?

Oops,sign on street,for info on buffet,at PA

Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Level Contributor
250 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: buffet with vegetarian options at or near Playa NORTE?

I agree, why a buffet? There are tons of vegetarian options on this island... haven't seen a buffet yet but I do know they have them at PA. If you have one day on the island, I would eat locally, not at a hotel buffet....but that is just me.

Southwest Michigan
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: buffet with vegetarian options at or near Playa NORTE?

I agree too, why a buffet when there are so many choices! And vegetarian options are definitely available. I have never seen a buffet on Isla (but I have never been in PA). I think the beach clubs down island that cater to day tripper boats might have buffets.

Wyoming
Level Contributor
2,042 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: buffet with vegetarian options at or near Playa NORTE?

Saw a buffet at Avalon a couple years ago. Looked like any buffet you could see in the states. No way you'd find me at a buffet on Isla. Most places will accommodate a vegetarian diet.

ct
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: buffet with vegetarian options at or near Playa NORTE?

Avalon does a buffet breakfast. We never saw a buffet lunch while we were there.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
219 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: buffet with vegetarian options at or near Playa NORTE?

Garrafon Park seems to offer a buffet lunch as part of the admission price, but I'm with other posters - most restaurants offer vegetarian options plus you get atmosphere and view.