We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day 8 Romy, Romy Romy and LEA!

Plattsmouth...
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Day 8 Romy, Romy Romy and LEA!

This was to be our big night out with Romy and our first visit with Lea. We sure have missed him.

Traci, Gary and I went to La Union for breakfast and Gary got his good deed out of the way right away. He helped an older mexican couple push their golf cart backwards.

Later Denise, Dan, Gary and I went shopping so Denise could buy a purse that she had been eyeballing. I bought a gourd that had stars and moon cutouts on it with a light. The cutout areas had coconut husk screens in them and are really cool when lit up.

We went for an early dinner at Poc Chuc again since Denise hadn't been there yet. Denise had enchiladas suiza, I had the chili relleno which had meat, carrots, potatoes and cheese inside it. Gary and Dan had the fried chicken. Traci had the torta with chicken and bean soup. She thought the sandwich would be pretty small for $25 but it was big.

Romy closed the bar and we headed to Miguel's who is one of Romy's best friend from their days bartending together at PDM. Ismael, the other bartender went with us too. He is really tiny and cute. I had filled a flask with tequilla and Romy and Ismael polished it off on the walk to Miguel's. Way to start the night out right boys. we met Miguel who was very friendly and all sat down. There was a fun band playing classic rock and then Lea showed up. It was so good to see him again and Gary and I can visit with him for hours. He has so much knowledge and his personality is great. He shared so much information about the riviera maya area. I told him he should be a tour guide with his language skills and personality. We spent several hours at Miguel's and Denise and Dan ate their and liked the food too. We ran out of money and Miguel told me I could run a tab and pay him later which was nice but we wanted to get money anyway so Romy, Lea, Gary and I headed back to the hotel to get money. We then went to Hidalgo to go to La Terraza but they were closing (it was only after one). We finally found a place that was open The Rock bar. We sat there and drank until Romy was falling asleep. I don't get it. He only works about 16 hours a day. We headed back to the hotel and I invited Lea to Gary's 50th birthday party the next day at Chuuk Kay.

The end.

Mentioned in this post
La Union
La Union
13 Reviews
Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Poc Chuc
Poc Chuc
382 Reviews
Isla Mujeres, Mexico
La Terraza
La Terraza
126 Reviews
Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day 8 Romy, Romy Romy and LEA!

nice

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,426 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day 8 Romy, Romy Romy and LEA!

As many pomegranate Margaritas as I've consumed at Miguel's, I still haven't eaten there. I understand their seafood soup is great. What did D&D have?

Canada
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day 8 Romy, Romy Romy and LEA!

Good times! Can I ask how much these gourds go for? Always thought they were pretty....

Plattsmouth...
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day 8 Romy, Romy Romy and LEA!

D&D had quesadillas (I think) and of course a chicken sandwich (Dan).

The gourd light was $800. It was a big one and I'm not a barterer.

Taylors Falls...
Level Contributor
764 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day 8 Romy, Romy Romy and LEA!

Heather, please say it was pesos. We wanted one so badly that was like $100 US dollars. They are so cool. Did you buy it from Jesus"s music partner, the drummer?

Plattsmouth...
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day 8 Romy, Romy Romy and LEA!

I don't know who it was, he was on Hidalgo at the less restauranty end. He has a bunch of purses hanging out front. All the prices I mention are in pesos or else I put (US) by it.

New Carlisle, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day 8 Romy, Romy Romy and LEA!

We always bring back a "jellyfish" gourd or two each trip to Isla. Ours are small (softball size) and we usually barter down to around $10. We hang them all on our back porch during the summers and dream of returning our Isla.

Sorry if that's TMI, but you started it with the dreamy Isla Mujeres imagery!

; )

FD

Plattsmouth...
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day 8 Romy, Romy Romy and LEA!

This one is really big. Probably over a foot long. It's super cool.

9. Re: Day 8 Romy, Romy Romy and LEA!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2014, 06:18