We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how busy is it now?

Grayslake, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,807 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
how busy is it now?

I am just curious, how busy is the island now? I have never been on Isla this time of year. Will restaurants be full, like the loncherias, Bally Hoo, cocktelerias? Thanks for any insight you have. I think I have only been during slow times, often we have been some of the only people at some restaurants.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,946 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how busy is it now?

Saturday was busier than last night but I think you could still get into the restaurants. We have only eaten at PA and have enjoyed all the food so far. Ate at satay last night and it was very good.

Wyoming
Level Contributor
2,042 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how busy is it now?

I don't think it is very busy right now. I haven't seen any restaurants so full you had to wait. Feb. is busier. I like less people, but the locals want/need income, so am looking forward to it picking up for them.

Grayslake, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,807 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how busy is it now?

I hear you, I like to feel like its my own private island but the locals do need business. Thanks for the info. Only 8 more days!!

Stillwater...
Level Contributor
863 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how busy is it now?

We are usually there the end of February through the third week of March. We have never had to wait for a table, but we do make a reservation for Lo Lo's and also Olivia when we are there. Otherwise, no problem.

Eastern NC
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how busy is it now?

I asked Vivienne at Qubano today if this has been a slow January. She said no, business has been good.

We have had no trouble getting prime seating. So far we have been to Lolo Lorena, French Bistro, Bobo' s, Sacochos, Qubano,, Fredys and Roosters. Roosters was the most full of anywhere and awesome!

Eastern NC
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how busy is it now?

I asked Vivienne at Qubano today if this has been a slow January. She said no, business has been good.

We have had no trouble getting prime seating. So far we have been to Lolo Lorena, French Bistro, Bobo' s, Sacochos, Qubano,, Fredys and Roosters. Roosters was the most full of anywhere and awesome!

Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Level Contributor
251 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how busy is it now?

New Years week was crazy, since then no problems. We have heard that February is the busiest time of all.

8. Re: how busy is it now?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2014, 07:18