We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late last night....

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Iowa
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Topic
Late last night....

we went hunting the Colonias for some hidden gems. Hubby and I had tried the night before to stop by El Charco (Deysi & Raul's) around midnight but looked like they was cleaning up and closed.

So last night we headed that way around 11pm after a few rounds of drinks on Hidalgo and such (usual stops...Miguel's for Pom Margs and a few hugs as well as oh.wait...Coconut Marg at La Adelita ****soooo good!) well...we had the momma along for the adventure and thought "TORTAS!" time to see if El Charco is open...so off we zip on the golf cart. But...ummmmm NO LUCK!

We stop, pout, regroup, and plan a new adventure. FIRST open window or patio with a menu is it! We turn around and I look over I believe on Contoy and there are a few red coke cola chairs out on the street side. So off we go.

Spot called La Gloria Loncherias- My favorite hideaway spot yet! Peeps so friendly and fun! This trips top pick so far for Guacamole! Tacos come in threes.. we had the steak and pork. And usually sodas to choose from.

Our bill for three orders of tacos, guac and 4 drinks came to 345 pesos! But the adventure and friendly peeps was PRICELESS!

We will be popping back in along this trip!

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
5,873 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late last night....

Sounds great! ;)

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late last night....

Nice alternative.

Byron, Minnesota
Level Contributor
22 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Late last night....

You should still try to eat at Deysi and Raul's. Their place is our go to restaurant each time on Isla. Super friendly people and amazing food. Just try going around supper time...7:00-8:00. ;)

Iowa
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Late last night....

tcraft- we have been there a trip back and have been talking about them since...yes we will stalk them another night.

Olathe, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Late last night....

Iowa - thanks for another new spot. I am now on page 7. Counting down. 25 days to go. Can't wait.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Late last night....

If I am counting correct we will be arriving the same day Kclady

Olathe, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Late last night....

teena - where are you staying? Are we still on for a meet on the 20th?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Late last night....

kcladdy: we are staying at a small hotel downtown called Las Palmas a few blocks from Jax. Yes we plan to meet on the 20th. I will post something closer to the trip so we can find out who is still in. Counting down 22 days. Where are you staying?

Olathe, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Late last night....

teena - We are staying at Casitas Del Mar in La Gloria. 22 days I am so excited. Need to stay off the forum but no can do. It seems to be addictive. Will see you in Isla.

10. Re: Late last night....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2014, 07:17