We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day 9-...and the beach cried, "Heather"...

Plattsmouth...
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Day 9-...and the beach cried, "Heather"...

...while Heather sat under the palapa bar, dutifully trip advisoring.

On this day, some of us were under a somewhat weakened state after helping Gary celebrate his half century mark. No mas tequilla.

This required a breakfast of champions so naturally we headed to La Union for a power breakfast. It was delicious as usual. Then to the market for several liters of orange juice. One must rehydrate.

After breakfast, Denise went on to do her good deed of helping the local economy which apparently involves buying every piece of jewelry she lays eyes on (not the expensive stuff) while the rest of us waited to get hungry again and started packing.

When we finally were hungry again, we went to La Nueva Esperanza (the carnitas place) which Traci and I had been wanting to try forever. All 3 women ordered 2 tacos each and Gary and Dan, unsure that anything that doesn't look like a chicken is safe to eat, each ordered 1. Traci, Gary and I had to go back for 1 more while Dan reluctantly ate his 1 taco.

We spent the rest of the afternoon lounging around and getting ready to leave and planned the next meal. We absolutely had to squeeze 3 in on our last day.

I suggested that we go eat early at La Mexicana since I knew Dan really liked it and he hadn't eaten much lunch. We headed there and ordered 3 chickens for 5 people! Actually it was more like 2 chickens for Dan and 1 for 4 people. We did share some with the two cats and one dog. It was delicious as always. Then we just hung around the palapa the rest of the evening.

The end.

Some of my (and other people's) favorite things about this trip:

Getting to see Lea and Romy

Amy's favorite meal:Olivia

Lea teaching me to swear in spanish-I didn't learn very much appropriate spanish on this trip

Meeting Nacho, Marcia from Mornings in Mexico, trip advisor people

the food of course

Minisuper Sammy

my gourd light which got broken in my carry on (Gary-"I told you so")

The night out with Romy, Lea and Ismael

Gary's 50th birthday in Mexico

Getting out and seeing more of the area, Akumal, Tulum, Puerto Morelos, Playa del Carmen

Tiny's bar-what a fun place! That was unanimously the most fun we've had.

Of course, the people of Mexico

One of the drivers, Jaime, that we had told us "Thank you so much for visiting my country". That was super cool.

Gary and Dan's good deeds

And most importantly, spending time with people that I love a whole bunch.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Akumal
Akumal
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Puerto Morelos
Puerto Morelos
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Tiny's Bar
Tiny's Bar
122 Reviews
Isla Mujeres, Mexico
ct
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day 9-...and the beach cried, "Heather"...

Thanks so much for sharing!

Council Bluffs, Iowa
Level Contributor
372 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day 9-...and the beach cried, "Heather"...

Heather, you ROCK! Your reports are so animated. Can't wait to meet up with you one of these days......in Isla, not Nebraska or Iowa.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
466 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Day 9-...and the beach cried, "Heather"...

No Mention of your Stalker LOL

Thanks for the trip reports and photos. It was great meeting the whole group.

Plattsmouth...
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day 9-...and the beach cried, "Heather"...

I can't believe I forgot to mention the drunk guy MO! It is so very rare that I have someone 15 years younger than me try to make out with me.

To everyone else, I forgot to mention a very drunk guy that came and crashed our trip advisor social. He broke a glass and I went to Nacho and said "just so you know, that guy in that hat..." Nacho finished the sentence for me "...is not your friend?" I should also mention that MO is a pretty big dude. My brother in law and Gary are not exactly puny either. He was one of those guys who probably ends up spending every night of vacation alone because his friends act all tired and say they're going to bed when really they go somewhere else without him and the rest of us get stuck with him.

new york
Level Contributor
20,776 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day 9-...and the beach cried, "Heather"...

Thanks for the fun report, Heather! ITA that Nacho and Marcia are very very nice people. Glad you got to meet them :)

Olathe, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,772 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day 9-...and the beach cried, "Heather"...

Heather - I love your posts. Problem - you do set the bar pretty high for the rest of us. :)

Wyoming
Level Contributor
2,047 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day 9-...and the beach cried, "Heather"...

Heather...so nice to meet you guys. We need to do that again next year!

Wild Rose, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
149 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day 9-...and the beach cried, "Heather"...

Thanks Heather! Love your stories!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
673 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day 9-...and the beach cried, "Heather"...

"We spent the rest of the afternoon lounging around and planned the next meal"

This is the the thing we look forward to the most when we get to Isla. So many places to choose from, and all with fantastic food. Although, we do find time to squeeze in beach time and pool time with much tequila and cerveza.

Love these reports Heather

Edited: 27 January 2013, 23:02
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
258 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Day 9-...and the beach cried, "Heather"...

Heather !!!!!!

You are The one!