We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anywhere to buy beach towels?

Olathe, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Anywhere to buy beach towels?

Since we will be coming to Isla on the 18th there does not seem to be anywhere here at home where I can find beach towels. Is there someplace in Isla that sells cheap beach towels? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,446 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anywhere to buy beach towels?

Where are you staying? Most places provide beach towels for your use.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
39,529 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anywhere to buy beach towels?

If not, there are several shops in town that sell beach towels - no problem. :)

Wyoming
Level Contributor
2,042 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anywhere to buy beach towels?

I have seen beach towels at many of the vendor shops and at Chedraui.

TX
Level Contributor
5,732 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anywhere to buy beach towels?

If you want to bring them from home, there are plenty to choose from on Amazon.com.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,276 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anywhere to buy beach towels?

We usually bring some cheap beach towels from home in case they get lost. Also, that way we feel comfortable leaving our hotel with them when we go diving or to another beach.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Level Contributor
163 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anywhere to buy beach towels?

We use pareos...lightweight cotton towels that also serve as wraps. They dry really quickly and take up just a tiny bit of room in the suitcase! I couldn't find any at home when I was looking in December (duh!) but they are for sale in lots of shops on the island. Much better prices there, too, as I did find some online but they were up to 50$!! I got 4 for about that, and pretty patterns as well!

One place sold some shell buckle things as wel, and you can tie it all different ways using that. I just wrap it around my body and then neck and it's a dress until I need it for a towel.

Olathe, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anywhere to buy beach towels?

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

8. Re: Anywhere to buy beach towels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2014, 05:18