We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Experience with Late Check-out at PA?

White Rock, Canada
Level Contributor
203 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Experience with Late Check-out at PA?

Has anyone requested a late check-out at PA? Will they allow it and how late will they let you stay?

Our flight home doesn't leave until 6:25 pm and our transfers don't pick us up at the ferry until 3:30 pm. Will PA allow us to use the room and facilities until we are ready to go?

Dallas
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
1,690 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Experience with Late Check-out at PA?

I am going to guess NO. You are going during high season and they will probably need to get your room ready for the next guest. However, I think they will hold your bags for you and let you use the facilities until your departure. Only problem is there won't be any place to shower.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Experience with Late Check-out at PA?

I think check out time was noon?

There are the enclosed showers on the beach, depends on how creative you get?

You could always check out at noon (or as late as they allow) then go to Bally hoo for a few last drinks and lunch.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Experience with Late Check-out at PA?

They also cut off your AI bracelet when you check out. So no more fee food or drinks!

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Experience with Late Check-out at PA?

check out is at 11am and they cut your bracelet your vacacion finish at 11am

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,776 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Experience with Late Check-out at PA?

I would ask for a late check out but many hotels will only extend it an hour if they extend it at all. If you check out at 11, you will have about 3.5 hours to kill before you head to the ferry. I would vote for a long lunch (and many beers) in town.

What if you checked out early and went to a beach club or Garrafon? A beach club should have showers.You would probably still have to deal with your luggage. Maybe PA would hold it for you and you could keep a small bag with a change of clothing and valuables?

6. Re: Experience with Late Check-out at PA?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2014, 06:15