We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

About May ?

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
215 reviews
Save Topic
About May ?

We are pretty close to book our trip to Isla Mujeres ,how is it in May is it busy we came in september and it was not busy we like it like that? How is the weather in may?we want to go for 2 weeks early in may

a big thanks

Edited: 16 February 2013, 12:22
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,924 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: About May ?

I was there in August and it was VERY dead!

Canada
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: About May ?

I was there May 1-May 16 last year and it was HOT. Too hot for my Quebecois body. Was busier than September (sept-nov seems to be the very low season) but not busy by all means. Whale shark season opened May 15th last year, fyi in case that is something of interest to you.

Myself, that trip made me realize Mexico is not from me from May to August. We would have to go back to AC around noon, we could not take the heat.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: About May ?

thanks gatine im happy to know the whale shark season start the 15th of may we want to book from the 4th to the 18 th of may

USA
Level Contributor
710 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: About May ?

We were there May 18-24 and had rain for the first 2.5 days and then gorgeous, unwindy, unhumid weather for the rest of the trip. I love May in Isla. The restaurants aren't quite as empty as August but nothing like high season - I thought it was the perfect time to go (just hold the rain please). We are planning to go again this May. Enjoy!

Canada
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: About May ?

Starts on a different date every year. This year's info may be out but I've haven't seen it if so. I went on the first day it opened and we saw nothing. Most miserable day ever.... Bad luck.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,924 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: About May ?

It does not matter when i go to Isla! It is always HOT to me! LOL! I have never been there in Feb so it looks to not be as hot as the other months i have been there.

Packing right now for are 6:30 AM flight in the morning! It is COLD out right now!

Texas
Level Contributor
353 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: About May ?

Start of Whale shark varies each year due to migration of sharks.

May usually has calmer weather...but can be hot after lunch. All walking excursions need to be early morn or late evening. April is my favorite month to be on Isla. Cooler then.....

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: About May ?

thanks if we're lucky we gonna try to see some whale shark in may im not worry if its too hot

Edited: 16 February 2013, 14:38
Steamboat Springs...
Level Contributor
816 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: About May ?

Was there last year May 1-14, going again same time. Weather was very hot & sunny. Perfect vacation weather as I work in the ski industry.

But I'm also from the desert, and loved every minute of it. Bikinis, mango tangos, and dips in the ocean made life easy.

Hope you book your trip soon!

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: About May ?

im ready to book im waiting for my wife she wants the superior room @Privilege Aluxes and the suite deluxe is much cheaper im working on that this time we want to go for 2 weeks