We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heading out Thurs AM - how's the weather?

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
528 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Heading out Thurs AM - how's the weather?

We'll have our toes in the sand by 2:00 p.m. on Thursday! Have been hearing about these high winds and wondering if I should pack differently? Usually we bring only one long sleeved sweater and pants each - the ones we fly in with.

Southwest Michigan
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heading out Thurs AM - how's the weather?

Cool and windy for 3 days now. I don't have enough cool weather clothes with me :(. It is supposed to warm up later in the week, I sure hope so for my sake and yours!

Wyoming
Level Contributor
2,042 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heading out Thurs AM - how's the weather?

Honestly, I thought it was a nice break from the humidity, but I would imagine you got a free exfoliation treatment if you were at the beach! Supposed to warm up tomorrow and stay that way for a while.

ontario
Level Contributor
285 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heading out Thurs AM - how's the weather?

search "webcams de mexico" and select isla mujeres - this cam offers a north-east view from ixchel beach resort. usually fairly calm - you can see rollers but rarely whitecaps unless a norte is passing through, like over the past few days; check out the waves - if they're hitting the beach flat-on its a norte and you could expect it to be as chilly as 23 or 24 celcius in the wind. move away from the beach and its hot again. last month during a norte the temp dropped to 19 celcius at night. i think you'll be ok, nova scotia!

i've never been to isla when its been so cool i really wanted long sleeves or long pants. mexicans find these temps a bit cold; you start to see babies with knitted sweaters and hats on and there is quite an increase of upper respiratory infections in the community during the cold fronts.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heading out Thurs AM - how's the weather?

If you are on Facebook, I suggest following Tony Garcia (Captain Tony). You can subscribe to his page without being friends. Tony does a weather report almost every morning (and often posts beautiful photos and videos of Isla life). You can't get better weather reports than from a 'capitan'!

5. Re: Heading out Thurs AM - how's the weather?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2014, 06:17