We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 more sleeps! Bringing Isla newbies, first dinner help!

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
Level Contributor
349 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
4 more sleeps! Bringing Isla newbies, first dinner help!

We will arrive on Isla at noon on Sunday, for our 3rd trip. Our friends (2 couples) will arrive for the first time a couple days before us. We need to plan a meet-up for dinner Sunday night. It has been 2 years, and I don;t think my Map Chick map is the newest. Looking for the best place for dinner a) on the beach (playa sol?) and b) on Hidalgo. Somewhere with great fish/seafood, but also other meats (as we have someone who does not like seafood ... I know, crazy!)

So excited to be going back! Sorry we let the secret out to friends!

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 more sleeps! Bringing Isla newbies, first dinner help!

since december there is a new steakhouse Los Fueguitos and it looks really good im a meat lover and i think is the new place

Morton Grove...
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 more sleeps! Bringing Isla newbies, first dinner help!

Check out pics and reviews for fenix...I haven't been yet but....sure looks nice

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,671 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 more sleeps! Bringing Isla newbies, first dinner help!

On the beach, I'd say Cafe del Mar. Great ambiance, music, service, and a good selection of both seafood and other things. Check out Moineau's thread with menus from there to see what's available:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150810-i360-k6163…

Ontario
Level Contributor
349 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 more sleeps! Bringing Isla newbies, first dinner help!

Our friends are staying at PA, so they will spend plenty of time at Cafe Del Mar, and will likely eat there their first night. What about the stretch of restaurants along where Brisas Grill is? Anything new and exciting?

I will check out Fenix lounge.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,671 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 more sleeps! Bringing Isla newbies, first dinner help!

Well, Brisas Grill is not new but I thought it was excellent. We split the tikinxic for two and it was incredibly good. I think they also have good meat dishes and the view out back is wonderful.

philly
Level Contributor
341 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 more sleeps! Bringing Isla newbies, first dinner help!

I would suggest to meet at Sunset Grill for sunset and drinks, then walk over to Minino's or Brisas Grill for dinner.

michigan
Level Contributor
821 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4 more sleeps! Bringing Isla newbies, first dinner help!

Bally Hoo, behind the gas station. Such a beautiful location, never been for sunset, but a great lunch spot as well. Olivia is also one of my faves. Maybe you could do a special dinner there one night. Be sure to make reservations and ask for a table in the garden.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
914 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 4 more sleeps! Bringing Isla newbies, first dinner help!

On the beach Ii'd say Fenix. beautifull spot, great decor, and on Sunday's they have a Cuban band in the afternoon, 4-6 I think

On Hidalgo, I'd go to Fredy's, He makes excellent and strong margaritas and his food is dellicious. Not quite on Hidalgo, but close, is La Bistro Francais, it is on Matamoros just east of Hidago, excellent food.

And I have heard good reviews of Los Fueguitos. It is where La Luna used to be.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
914 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 4 more sleeps! Bringing Isla newbies, first dinner help!

Another vote for Olivias's!!

Boise, ID
Level Contributor
450 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 4 more sleeps! Bringing Isla newbies, first dinner help!

My first meal on Isla is always Bally-hoo fish tacos at sunset with Mango Margaritas. It is the perfect setting and meal for me to rev up my Isla engine.