We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live from Hotel Villa Rolandi - Isla Mujeres

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,219 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Live from Hotel Villa Rolandi - Isla Mujeres

OK, arrived yesterday early afternoon, picked up at airport as promised, met by the hotel catamaran at the dock, nice 30 minute ride across the bay with another couple. Hotel is very nice, just like the picture, nice 3rd floor suite overlooking the bay and across to Excellence, lovely digs, lovely everything actually. Took a taxi into town in the afternoon and went to Minino{s on Medina, right on the sand with the fisherman bringing the fis right out of the water for us to choose from. Mariachi{s wandering through, two guys playing a Xylophone type instrument, sort of magical really, three quarters of the patrons were locals, that{s good chow. Had the Ceviche mixto with shrimp and octopus, a fesh fried whole red snapper we picked from the beach, fish tacos, salsa and chips.... all mui excellente. Couple of Bloody Marys and a couple of Sol beers..... had a lot of food and drinks, bill was $ 64.00 US dollars plus tip. Moved a few tables towards the beach to watch the sunset which is spectacular from there. Met and hung with 3 couples from Minnesota, cigars and cervesas on the water, doesn{t get much nicer than that and all in shorts and tee shirts with a lovely breeze across the water, I think about 70 degrees, just lovely. Taxied back to the hotel at about 8pm, long travel day with an early wake up, early night, veiw from our balcony is just stunning.

This am took a taxi to centro and went to Barlitos for breakfast as planned, they open at 8am, we were there at 7.30 and hung out with a half dozen others waiting for them to open the doors, they opened the doors and were completely full in about 15 minutes, lucky to get a table, MANY waiting outside to get in to eat, met Senor Brad and Tiffany, both even nicer than their pictures suggest, had a couple of breakfast panninis and fresh fruit cups, had to had to have one of their famous cinnamon rolls too of course, to die for as expected, coffee, botle of water... $31.50 US dollars plus tip.

Very happy with breakfast, strolled around a bit getting our bearings and then taxi back to the hotel, lovely sunny day, supposed to be around 84 degrees and mixed sun and clouds, mostly sun right now with a beautiful strong breeze, going to hang at the pool for a while and then a massage a little later included in our package.... planning on Limons tonight after meeting with the other tripadvisor crew members at Jax at about 5pm for a drinkypoo or maybe two. Later.

Pinehurst, North...
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live from Hotel Villa Rolandi - Isla Mujeres

Stayed at vr for part of our honeymoon last year. The best hotel I have ever been in by far. Loved the breakfast on our balcony every morning.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,408 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live from Hotel Villa Rolandi - Isla Mujeres

Shorts and tshirts, cold beer, feet in the sand, an Isla sunset and ceviche mixto. Does it get any better than that?

Can't wait to hear about Limon.

Boston...
Level Contributor
872 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live from Hotel Villa Rolandi - Isla Mujeres

Hope you guys have a great time. You headed to EPM on this trip?

Illinois
Level Contributor
129 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live from Hotel Villa Rolandi - Isla Mujeres

Don't you love villa rolandi! Hubby and I stayed there 2 years ago for our "honeymoon" we loved it. Maybe we will see you tonight, we only have a few more days so we are trying to make the most of it.

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,384 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live from Hotel Villa Rolandi - Isla Mujeres

Matt and Beth... so happy to hear you are enjoying yourselves!! May have to break your September trip up between Isla and Playa!

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,257 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live from Hotel Villa Rolandi - Isla Mujeres

I could have sworn I posted to this, lol. Glad you're enjoying it. It's one of my favorite hotels in the world :)

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,219 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live from Hotel Villa Rolandi - Isla Mujeres

Kerly, we may just have to do that, having a great time so far. Nice massage this afternoon, heading out to meet the Tripadvisor crew at Jax in a few minutes and then over to Limon for dinner. Lovely breeze coming through the open air lobby as I type, here comes our taxi..... later.

Trail, Canada
Level Contributor
3,620 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live from Hotel Villa Rolandi - Isla Mujeres

Mattbeth , It sounds like the breakfast at Barlitos was high on your list of things to do . We truly enjoyed the included breakfast at Rolandi also , both in the restaurant and on our own deck . Enjoy

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,257 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live from Hotel Villa Rolandi - Isla Mujeres

Yes, I would not miss having breakfast on that incredible deck overlooking the water and Cancun :)

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Live from Hotel Villa Rolandi - Isla Mujeres

Glad you arrived safely. Sounds like you are having a good time.

I heard there were many good places to eat. The prices you mentioned seem higher than I expected. What is your taxi costs?