We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buy fresh fruit juice in the afternoon to take back to condo

U.S.
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Buy fresh fruit juice in the afternoon to take back to condo

I imagine we wouldn't want to haul fresh juice around all day in the warm weather, on the back of our Golf Cart. But I hear that fresh juice by the jug is often sold out my mid-morning. By the time we get our golf-cart and stop for some breakfast/brunch, I am afraid that it might be too late anyhow?

We drink a lot of juice.. not soda... and this might be the place to stock up our fridge!

Thanks!

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,408 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buy fresh fruit juice in the afternoon to take back to condo

There are at least two different juice stands in the Mercado on Guerrero. I'd head to one of the loncherias outside the mercado for one of your first breakfasts and stock up then. And we tried one that was celery, pineapple and chaya (like spinach) that was actually delicious.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
45,016 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buy fresh fruit juice in the afternoon to take back to condo

I love the fresh juices and buy them often. However , I do try to buy where I can observe them preparing the fresh juice since it is often not done under the most sanitary of conditions. I had never really thought of it until some of my Mexican friends in Cozumel were horrified when I told them where I bought the juice. They pointed me to several better places.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,408 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buy fresh fruit juice in the afternoon to take back to condo

LOL, yes, sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Steamboat Springs...
Level Contributor
819 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buy fresh fruit juice in the afternoon to take back to condo

I could go for some mango juice or watermelon water right about now.

U.S.
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buy fresh fruit juice in the afternoon to take back to condo

Thanks!

The key, I think, is finding a place that is still selling juice in the afternoon/evening, to take it back!

DMartin, we finally invested in a VitaMix. (OMG!!! best juice/smoothie maker EVER!) And, one of the green smoothies that we make sounds very similar to the one you describe. The key is to use plenty of pineapple, half or a quarter of a lime or lemon (yes, thust throw it in, skin seeds and all...) we also throw in a small pear, or half a sweet bartlet type pear... and some spinich. You don't really taste the spinich at all!

Canada
Level Contributor
1,192 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buy fresh fruit juice in the afternoon to take back to condo

There was a shop on Juarez next door to Elements of the Island who sold fresh juices and was open until at least early afternoon. Either it was new or I'd never noticed it before.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
45,016 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buy fresh fruit juice in the afternoon to take back to condo

Agree, DM. Sometimes what you dont know won´t hurt you. I am sure I dont want to know about some kitchens either. One reason I prefer ones with open kitchens. We were once in a poplular Cozumel restaurant and watched a waiter prepare a pitcher of horchata---and then taste it directly from the pitcher before serving it.

michigan
Level Contributor
851 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buy fresh fruit juice in the afternoon to take back to condo

I love my new Vitamix! I've been making green smoothies every day and love them.

Wyoming
Level Contributor
2,047 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buy fresh fruit juice in the afternoon to take back to condo

We got one of those little plastic hand juicers and bought our own oranges. Make it fresh every morning.

Now, we will buy it from a couple juice places on the island if DH decides he wants a fix!

Even in the fridge it diesn't last more than a couple days....when DH is around that is not a problem!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
466 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Buy fresh fruit juice in the afternoon to take back to condo

The little Super across from Mango, I think its Roncos. They carry a few of the different fresh juices. It was 5 pesos higher than the mercado, but it was right up the block, so it was worth if for the convenience