We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

windy

up north
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
Save Topic
windy

Down in PDC and its very windy.headed to isla next, how are conditions on north beach

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
540 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: windy

Wind's up here, too but not unpleasant.

Wyoming
Level Contributor
2,047 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: windy

Good thing there was some wind today...it was hot. No wind to speak of right now...almost 11:00pm

New Carlisle, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: windy

Love me some wind on Isla. Wind=cool + no bugs. There will be a quiz...

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,648 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: windy

I like windy days generally but not when you can't sit on the beach without being sandblasted and getting sand in your food and drink. We were on Isla in March 3 years ago and it was pretty unbearable for a few days. They couldn't even set up the umbrellas or have service. So we just left and "toughed" it out by the pool. The other negative is that it does a number on my already out-of-control curly hair. The result is not for the faint-hearted, lol.

up north
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: windy

Has been so windy in PDC that I would not go on any boats including ferry. Is fine on 5th ave because buildings will block wind.

6. Re: windy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2014, 05:16