We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many times do you go to Isla in 1 year?

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
How many times do you go to Isla in 1 year?

I was wondering how many times some of you on TA go to Isla in a year? Seems like some go many times!

Also my wife is starting to think i am isla crazed as it seems to be the ONLY place i want to travel too! At least for the next year! I just LOVE the island!

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,465 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many times do you go to Isla in 1 year?

We go twice. That leaves us opportunity to see other places besides Isla.

ETA: we were the same, not wanting to budge but I'm glad we did. There are a lot of beautiful places along the Maya Riviera and I'm glad we went to Akumal, PDC, Xpuha, etc. Next is Tulum if we can only find a hotel for under 300 dollars that is not a chic "eco shack" without electricity and A/C :-P

Edited: 01 March 2013, 13:30
Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
505 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How many times do you go to Isla in 1 year?

Sadly, we only go once a year, some time between December - February, but have stayed as long as three weeks at a time.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How many times do you go to Isla in 1 year?

I go 2-3 times a year and split time between Cancun and Isla. Usually 5 days in Cancun and 10 on Isla each trip. I have traveled to many other places in the Caribbean and with the acception of a dive trip to Cozumel, Cancun/Isla, for the last several years, has been the only place I want to go.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How many times do you go to Isla in 1 year?

Rick,That is kind of how i feel about Isla! I love it so much i wish i could live there! Since that is not possible i try to go 2 times a year.

I am trying to get back in August but i have to convince the wife.....LOL!

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,465 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How many times do you go to Isla in 1 year?

Rick, where do stay in Cancun?

Dallas
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
1,671 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How many times do you go to Isla in 1 year?

We usually go 4 times a year. Last year, we got lucky and made 5 trips. We never go during high season as we prefer less crowds, less wind, and warmer ocean temps.

Changing it up this year and replacing our late April trip with a trip to Akumal.

Before Isla, it was Playa and Cozumel several times a year, but both got too "big" for our preference. Hoping Akumal is a good as we hear so we can add that to our regular destination list!

Kenai, Alaska
Level Contributor
568 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How many times do you go to Isla in 1 year?

We go 2 to 3 times a year, and stay 2 to 3 weeks each time. It depends on how much time I can get off work. I have 2 weeks vacation each year but end up taking 8 to 12 weeks off. We are getting close o being able to spending 2 to 3 months there.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How many times do you go to Isla in 1 year?

I always stay at the Royal Solaris down on the far southern end of the Hotel Zone. It is one of the older hotels in Cancun but the keep the facility up well and I absolutely love the staff there. I have tried other places, but the last three years it has been my go to place.

Edited: 01 March 2013, 15:18
Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How many times do you go to Isla in 1 year?

first time this september for one week and we're back in may for 2 weeks its so goood there !

MN
Level Contributor
610 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How many times do you go to Isla in 1 year?

Once a year, for around 10 days. We love spring, summer, and fall here in MN and we do a lot of camping and four-wheeling trips, plus spending time on the lake.

It would be nice to go in November and February each year though!