We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is outside beer/liquor allowed at Hotel Rolandi?

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
2 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Is outside beer/liquor allowed at Hotel Rolandi?

My wife and I are headed to Hotel Rolandi on April 2nd. We normally stay at all inclusive resorts, so this is all new to me. Can you bring outside beer into your room. Was thinking like a case of beer and a couple bottles of booze should do the trick. Can you purchase beer and just park your golf cart and bring the beer to your room? Thanks for the help!

Rosa Sirena's Restaurant
££ - £££, Mexican, Steakhouse, Seafood
North Garden
£, Mexican, Caribbean, Contemporary
Mango Cafe Isla
££ - £££, Mexican, Caribbean, Latin
North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,227 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is outside beer/liquor allowed at Hotel Rolandi?

yes, we just got back from Villa Rolandi and many folks bought all their beer and booze at the local store and emptied out their mini bar and replaced everything with what they bought themselves... It is a VERY expensive hotel. Not a bad idea to BYOB to your room!!

Trail, Canada
Level Contributor
3,758 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is outside beer/liquor allowed at Hotel Rolandi?

On forums like this we use CAPITAL letters to denote yelling . How do you imply whispering ? I thought this might be a whispering topic because I was unsure of the policy and so I was discrete about doing this at Villa Rolandi , repeatedly , but for no reason it seems . No one else was doing this on our short stay but me . I will often augment consumption at beach clubs that also serve products in the same discrete manner so I didn't mind . We have a good sized stainless steel container , like a bubba mug , with a wide mouth to accommodate ice cubes but a good sealing lid to allow throwing it in a beach bag . There is lots of free ice from the restaurant and a few bottles of free water a day in the otherwise empty mini fridge .

If you are coming straight from the airport and using the free yacht service I would consider buying some booze from the duty free on your way out of the airport , which is allowable or bringing some wine or booze from home , which also is allowable in checked luggage , of course . You might ask a transfer driver to stop on the way to the ferry landing at a convenience store because the only downside of the hotel is it's distance from town and easy shopping . There is very little or nothing to buy within easy walking distance until you get set up with a golf cart except a Coco frio lady two doors down .

A tube or two of crush free potato chips and a few other nibbles from home might be wise for that first night . There was a very filling free breakfast every morning in the restaurant or room serviced to your deck . People on this forum have advised that golf cart rentals are much cheaper in town . Cab fare was around nine bucks . The least expensive suppers were about nine bucks more expensive than a good meal in town so that is how we decided to stay in on our arrival night and unwind . This would leave you free to arrange a cart in town in the daylight after the cab has shown you the way .

Enjoy

Leadville, CO
Level Contributor
743 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is outside beer/liquor allowed at Hotel Rolandi?

We are there from 3-11/3-14 & have already made arrangements for a golf cart to be delivered the morning of the 12th. No money down, until we get the cart... just an fyi... We will probably get the beer etc, on the morning after we arrive... nice to know others will be doing the same thing.

Darien,Connecticut
Level Contributor
548 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is outside beer/liquor allowed at Hotel Rolandi?

We have stayed @ the Villa Rolandi each year since it opened,sometimes as many as 4 times a year. We have seen it changed in many ways, but still maintain that it is one of the best values in Mexico. The beers in the mini bar today cost$2.25, probably the same @ the pool & restuarant. This a place to come to relax & enjoy, not to worry about how much you are spending on beer,& where yo hide it.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
2 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is outside beer/liquor allowed at Hotel Rolandi?

Thanks for the replies. I am fine with buying drinks at dinner and other times as well, I just didn't want to spend tons of money sitting by the pools all day. It's nice to hear that people are bringing their own beers. I guess I will just rent a golf cart on my second day and stock up. Anyone know where the closest liquor store is to the hotel? $2.25 beers don't sound that bad anyway.

new york
Level Contributor
20,788 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is outside beer/liquor allowed at Hotel Rolandi?

I rarely drink beer but I could have sworn the ones in the mini fridge are on the house and you're entitled to them. Of course I could be wrong since I didn't have any but I seem to remember Victor pointing them out. Or maybe I'm thinking of another hotel. Anyone else know for sure?

You can go to Chedraui or if it's open again (it was closed for some renovations when we were there last month) the Modelorama is always fun. It's a drive through beer store.

Mentioned in this post
Chedraui
Chedraui
42 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Pinehurst, North...
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is outside beer/liquor allowed at Hotel Rolandi?

I was told that everything in the fridge was included last year.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,579 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is outside beer/liquor allowed at Hotel Rolandi?

I was at Rolandi last August and everything in the fridge came with the room.

Trail, Canada
Level Contributor
3,758 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is outside beer/liquor allowed at Hotel Rolandi?

We were greeted with a mimosa and a cool towel which was extremely nice . That touch and every amenity were absolutely wonderful and to be honest we also paid a very low rate through Expedia about a week in advance of staying and we were blown away by the value . There was only bottled water in our fridge and that was all that I expected . We prefer some Yucatan liqueurs and try to drink them when we can mixed with Kahlua and some almond milk for dietary reasons . That said , I am just a very frugal traveller who sneaks in an extra trip each year through that frugality and common sense decisions .

Mentioned in this post
Darien,Connecticut
Level Contributor
548 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is outside beer/liquor allowed at Hotel Rolandi?

As I said, things change. Yes, @ one time the things in the mini refrig were free. In Aug & over the holiday of 2012 there was just water. Today the mini refrig is stocked with soda, water, beer & small bottles of liqour for a charge which is posted in your room, similar to hotels in the USA. It is checked & restocked daily by a staff member.

Mentioned in this post
United States
United States
North America