We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Garrafon Park Question

Lenexa, Kansas
Level Contributor
2,467 posts
203 reviews
Save Topic
Garrafon Park Question

We enjoy exploring different beaches and places of interest. What is the best way to visit Garrafon? Should we pay the $60+ entrace fee which includes snorkeling equipment and lunch buffet? What is the best option?

Thanks,

Gary

Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
587 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Garrafon Park Question

I prefer to go next door to Garrafon de Castilla. Cost is 50 pesos, same water. They have food and drinks available and inexpensve rental gear. I take my gear but have never spent more than $20 USD for a full day of drinks and lunch.

ct
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Garrafon Park Question

We visited Garrafon Park last year because it was only a $1 add on to our dolphin swim. Honestly, that was about what it was worth. There is no beach area and the best thing about it was it included admission to the Punta Sur walk at the end of the island-which is $3 per person. The food that is included is really, really not good. It is the same at Dolphin Discovery and Garrafon Park. I am sure the snorkeling is as good at Garrafon de Castilla and much less and even though the beach there is small, it will be more beach than Garrafon Park has. Your food options will definitely be better.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,108 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Garrafon Park Question

You can also do Garrafon Park for half a day for 39 dollars, from 1 - 5, Sunday - Friday. Includes everything the full day version does: kayaks, pool, lockers, snorkel gear and buffet lunch with an open bar.

Whether next door is a better deal depends: entry fee is 50 pesos but everything else is extra. Once you've paid for the locker, snorkel gear, food and drinks, etc., the price difference may not be as great between that and the National Park. All depends on how long you'll stay, whether you want a pool and or kayaks, and a heck of lot more comfortable loungers than what's at the beach club, lol.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
1,544 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Garrafon Park Question

garrafon park just for the zipline its worth for the price ,alcohol food buffet and a snack a la carte included ,nice pools ,good snorkeling,kayak everything is included

just check my review and my pics

tripadvisor.fr/…UR141705067

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Garrafon Park Question

The reef park is like an all inclusive day. If you want all the things that come with the admission price the park is a good deal, but if you are just looking for a nice place to spend a few hours snorkeling then Castillo is a better bet. The afternoon deal does save you some money over the full day. You should go on the reef park's website and look at all the activities they offer. You can figure out from there what things you would like to do and it will give you a better idea of how much time you would like to spend there. Also, you didn't mention if you are staying on Isla or in Cancun and are planning this as a day trip. Garrafon Park does have an option for transportation to the park and back to Cancun. If you go the Castillo route you would take the ferry over and rent a cart, scooters or take a cab to get there. Once you factor in transportation you really dont save much. It is more a matter of what you want your day to be. All inclusive at the reef park or a day where you can spend some time at Castillo and the rest of the day elsewhere on the island. Either way you go you are on a beautiful island and will have a great day.

Edited: 03 March 2013, 18:20
Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,251 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Garrafon Park Question

Are you staying on the island or just coming over for the day? Either way, order a Mapchick Can do map. It has a great tour of the island by cart and lots of super info. We followed the route and had a wonderful day.

We went 3 times to Garrafon de Castillo. We really enjoyed it.... the fish really don't know where the park boundaries are. They just swarm you in the water. We also spent a very nice day at Captain Dulce's. What a great spot for a wedding. They've done a lovely job. The only thing is that the beach/swimming is not great at Captain Dulce's.

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
4,891 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Garrafon Park Question

Does anyone know if the 1/2 day option at Garrafon includes admission to Punta Sur and the zip line?

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,245 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Garrafon Park Question

I emailed Jorge Fierrro @ Garrafon below is his response...in the past he provided rates for 1/2 day but not this year. You can probably negotiate it at the gate when you get there.

"We have in this year 3 different kind of garrafon service

Garrafon VIP, $109.00 usd per person

Royal Garrafon $ 79.00 usd per person

Garrafon Gate $59.00 usd per person

All the garrafon options include all the stuffs as the garrafon gate that you can find bellow, and after the description you’ll see the difference with the others

Include:

Open Bar

Lunch Buffet at Garrafón.

Snórkel, kayaks, hamacs, Pool.

Lockers y towels.

Shoping time Down town.

The difference are

Royal Garrafon includes: Transportation round trip by ferry, all the activities as the Gate, plus the Zip Line

Garrafon VIP: include transportation ferry roundtrip, also all the activities as the gate plus the VIP lounge, but the menu on this restaurant is Gourmet, the open Barr it’s international open bar, you’ll have access to the Infinity Pool in the VIP lounge and the Jacuzzy area, you’ll have the Zip Line

Poughkeepsie, NY
Level Contributor
527 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Garrafon Park Question

Glad I saw this thread. Garrafon de Castilla it is. Then followed by lunch at Barlito's perhaps in its new locale..

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
228 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Garrafon Park Question

Good decision. Garrafon de Castillo was one of my favorite places to be.

Get answers to your questions about Isla Mujeres