We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

room selection at PA

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
up north
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
Save Topic
room selection at PA

After researching this hotel for months had no idea about how to choose a room. So I took something cheap and was hoping to upgrade. Unfortunately they are full.so maybe I can help others. There are 2 buildings seperated by lobby. Towers 1,2,and 3 are in fitst building closest to Ixchel condos. Towers 456 are in next building with 6 closest to beach. Each tower has its own elevator.so if you are in tower 2,second floor and want to visit you neighbor tower 3,second floor you take elevator down then walk over to next entrance and take elevator back up to second floor.very strange design. Each floor seems to have 4 rooms. 3 face the pool and 1 faces rear (cemetery) or side street. If you have hot tub on deck,I think all have this view..hope this helps.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,178 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: room selection at PA

We just booked the Presidential Suite for 2014. Can't wait to try PA. We really enjoyed Isla this past Feb. on our first trip there.

5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: room selection at PA

Counting the days, our first trip to Isla on April 4-11!! Superior with tub on balcony! I hope, It's what we booked. Looking forward to renting a cart and exploring!

Wisconsin Dells...
Level Contributor
239 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: room selection at PA

The best thing about the showers in the Superior rooms is they have a door to the balcony.If you are on a higher floor and you are not shy.You can shower the door open to the outdoors,it is awesome.That is how we showered every day when we were there in Sept-Oct. Regardless I would email them and ask for a room on a higher floor.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: room selection at PA

kevolution

not all the superior rooms have a door for the balcony we had thr room #151 and it was not like that,and the superior room is really small

im gonna be there in 57 days for 2 weeks this time deluxe suite but we will try to upgrade to a suite premium with the jacuzzi on the balcony

Edited: 08 March 2013, 15:03
Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
9,843 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: room selection at PA

Just note that guests at Ixchel Beach have a better view of some of the PA suites than you might imagine.

Some things cannot be unseen.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,465 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: room selection at PA

"Just note that guests at Ixchel Beach have a better view of some of the PA suites than you might imagine."

And to some Nautibeach apartments from the Phase II hallways ;-)

We upgraded from a superior to a premier suite at PA because we also found it too small and cramped and our original superior didn't have that kind of shower either, but a normal, enclosed one. So I think it all depends on which unit you end up with.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: room selection at PA

this is the view of my superior room in the building 1 top floor playa norte view

imageshack.us/photo/…

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
277 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: room selection at PA

Very nice view! I'll have to request that room # when I visit in May. We styed 5 nights last year, doing 7 nights this time. A superior room was just fine space wise, but if we stayed longer I think I'd look into a suite. But we were hardly ever in the room.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,465 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: room selection at PA

It's really the luck of the draw. Our superior faced the school so we really had no view and no space, lol. I'm glad we upgraded because there is really no comparison. We caught some bad weather so the extra space to hang out in was nice. I hate having nowhere to sit but the bed so the living area was to me more than worth it.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
277 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: room selection at PA

Luckily we had zero rain during our trip, but I can totally understand it being a bit annoying to have that room size if you're stuck inside due to poor weather. Crossing our fingers we have the same dry weather this time!