We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to cancun from Isla ?

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
1,528 posts
222 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to cancun from Isla ?

We never came to Cancun and this time we are 2 weeks @ Isla Mujeres we would like to go for a day what are to must to see ,to do and a good place for lunch ?

When we are at puerto juarez how far are the things to see?

thanks

Edited: 04 March 2013, 15:49
Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,004 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to cancun from Isla ?

You can also take a ferry to the hotel zone. Time, cost, locations etc here

granpuerto.com.mx

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to cancun from Isla ?

I would also suggest taking the ferry to the hotel zone. Playa Tortugas is probably the best of the three terminals to go to but they are all within a mile or so of each other so which ever ferry is the next on leaving will work for you. If you are not apposed to a sip or two of Tequila, La Distileria is a great place to have lunch. Patio on the back overlooks the lagoon and the food is quite good. They also do a tour of the distillery with a Tequila tasting at the end. Lots of places to shop, La Isla Mall and Plaza Kukulcan. There is also the flea market across from Coco Bongo. If you want to see some Mayan ruins there are two locations right in the hotel zone. Muso de Cancun and El Rey. They are nothing like what you will see further to the south in Tulum and Chichen Itza but not bad for a quick trip. I especially like the Museum. Both are very inexpensive, I believe $50 Pesos to get in. There is also Aquaworld if you are into water activities. They have pretty much everything. Also they have something called the Skyrider which I think is a must do. It is a parachutte ride pulled behind one of their boats and the views of the entire area from up there are spectacular.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to cancun from Isla ?

Having spent a week in Cancun just five weeks ago I can wholeheartedly advise you to skip it! Unless you really want to go to a commercialized chain like Senior Frogs you really are not missing much of anything. We spent the month of January on the Rivera Maya and Cancun was the least appealing. We did like the ADO station downtown that we used for daytrips to Puerto Morelos (awesome snorkeling & a botanical garden) Tulum (the Ruins and more beautiful beaches) or Playa del Carmen (a very large little city with a pedestrian avenue) also Akumal (excellent snorkeling at Yal Ku Lagoon) All are convenient via the ADO with Puerto Morelos & Akumal having a little additional taxi ride from the highway to the town area.

4. Re: Day trip to cancun from Isla ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2014, 07:15