We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from Isla and staying at Privilege Aluxes

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, British...
13 posts
Save Topic
Back from Isla and staying at Privilege Aluxes

A little delayed in writing my review... but here it is :)

It was my first time ever in Mexico, staying on Isla at the Privilege Aluxes. I went with my husband, and our two best friends.

Flight was delayed for an hour and half from Vancouver, but my husband was okay with that as he found a bar he could drink at to kill the time :)

After landing in Mexico late and catching the ferry over to Isla, we then took our 5-10 minute walk to PA... First impression of the resort? AMAZING! We were the only ones at the front desk when we arrived, so it was quick and painless.. we were provided with a nice cold fruity wine drink.. check in took all of 5 minutes.. My husband and I were in tower 5, our besties in Tower 4... we were led up to our room by the bell hop (Sorry forgot his name) who had lost his voice, poor thing, but kept a great big smile on his face :)

The moment we walked into our room (Deluxe Suite) we were like WOW.. this room is FRIGGIN HUGE!!! We had a nice balcony too... We dropped off our stuff, got quickly changed and headed to the Beach Cafe (cafe del Mar) for dinner and a couple of drinks... my husband had some type of soup which was really tasty and I had Risotto with pork.. very tasty.. had my Miami Vice, which was delicious, but very very sweet... moved onto Dirty Monkeys, which were delicious!

Woke up early the 2nd day (Monday) and proceeded to the Breakfast Buffet at Sabor... the omelets were amazing and with Lupe manning the grill, you certainly didn't have to wait long.. the service was impeccable... and my husband started on Tequila at 8:15AM, YUP, in the morning :) From then on, he was known as Mr Tequila...

After Breakfast we all rented a Golf Cart and drove around the Island.. the views were amazing..we stopped at a couple of places for a drink, then went to the Joint for lunch... the best Shrimp tacos I have ever had in my life.. i highly recommend those... my Mr. Tequila of a husband of course, had to try their Chilled Habenera Chili(sp?) Tequila shot.. HA HA.. you should have seen him.. he was literally crying it was so damn spicy... Lets just say that at 5PM I had to put my husband to bed... so there goes that night... the next day.. beach day... breakfast at Sabor again.. then to the beach where I finally for the first time in my life swam in a beautiful clear turquoise blue ocean... amazing... then it was my turn.. The beach cafe makes the best Chi Chis so that was my new found drink... Jorge and Jorge (yes they were both named Jorge) were just amazing... they were constantly coming around so you never really had to wait for anything... we had lunch under the palapas.. Chili cheese nachos, guacamole, everything was delicious... after the beach i found my way to the pool bar.. Thanks to Ponce for the Bazooka Joes that gave me my first blackout.. yup.. didn't even remember being taken back to the room.. from then on... i was now known as the Crazy Canadian...

Had a beach massage on Thursday, first one ever, and for $40.00 USD it was totally worth it.. about an hour and 15 mins... heaven!

The last couple of days i honestly didn't feel well, and no it wasn't from too much drinking..after my Bazooka Joe day, i really didn't drink that much afterwards...the Buffett for dinner at Sabor was pretty good, I didn't care for the Mexican night, but my husband loved the Chorizo Tacos'.. i was a little disappointed in Seafood night, but honestly I didn't care... . I do want to say that PA is absolutely amazing and everyone was so friendly and caring... A big Thanks to Yudit for making us towel art everyday when she cleaned our room... A big thank you to Jorge, Jorge, Ponce, Sergio, Jesus (at front desk), Mr.Enrique "Suarez", not "Iglesias" :), Alex, and everyone else at PA that made my first time in Mexico so memorable... I truly appreciate it... I am sorry if I forgot to mention a specific name... but do know this.. as a travel agent, i will be highly recommending your resort to my clients who are thinking of going to Cancun.. you can count on that :):):):)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back from Isla and staying at Privilege Aluxes

What is a Bazooka Joe/?

Kenai, Alaska
Level Contributor
568 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back from Isla and staying at Privilege Aluxes

Thanks for the report. It sounds like you had a great time. We stay at the PA sometimes and have loved it too.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
1,528 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back from Isla and staying at Privilege Aluxes

What is a Bazooka Joe ? i want to try that

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
1,528 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Back from Isla and staying at Privilege Aluxes

…about.com/od/…bazookajoeshot.htm

MN
Level Contributor
610 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Back from Isla and staying at Privilege Aluxes

Sounds like you had a great time. Hope you get a chance to come back and do it all over again!

Vancouver, British...
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Back from Isla and staying at Privilege Aluxes

Bazooka Joe is a shooter...a very dangerous shooter :)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Back from Isla and staying at Privilege Aluxes

Blacking out must have been pretty scarey! good thing you made it back to your room safely.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,764 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Back from Isla and staying at Privilege Aluxes

Sounds like a great trip with a lot of good memories and some no memories :) Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,118 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Back from Isla and staying at Privilege Aluxes

Sounds like another Islaholic has been born.

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
5,885 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Back from Isla and staying at Privilege Aluxes

I bookmarked that Bazooka Joe recipe, that might be fun party shot :)