We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Privilege Aluxes rooms

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
Level Contributor
17 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Privilege Aluxes rooms

Hi all -- Im going back to Isla in June and will be staying at PA . there will be 3 of us and we definitely need 2 rooms. Currently we have a presidential suite reserved.

We would like a room closest to the beach as I know the hotel is set back a little so --

-- is there any room better than another or are any closer to the beach than another.

-- are we better off just getting adjoining oceanview suites (in order to be closer to the beach) - the whole idea of the penthouse is great but not important - it just seemed to work out the same price as 2 separate rooms

-- I'd like to actually talk to someone about the room setup and unfortunately becuase of the language difference its very difficult to discuss when I called the hotel -- does anyone know of any US travel agents who may be familiar w the hotel.

Cedarburg, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
119 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Privilege Aluxes rooms

PA is a relatively small hotel by normal standards (larger for Isla), so the difference between one room and another in terms of walking distance to the beach is going to be nominal, and could vary by a min or two max. The hotel is technically "across the street" from their beach, however that street is simply a small narrow entry road to other properties. I guess my point is that I would stick with a higher view to get a better view of the ocean. You will be happier that you are higher, rather than lower and minimally closer to the beach.

Steamboat Springs...
Level Contributor
819 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Privilege Aluxes rooms

The presidential suite is two rooms, no? And, I think there is only one presidential suite. Not sure which building it is.

If it is indeed 2 rooms, stick with it- you will be happy you did due to space and deck/balcony. Building 6, the one technically 'closest' to the beach, is not as tall as the rest of the buildings. Anything there is likely to get you a beach view, but the palm trees will likely obstruct most of the ocean view that you would most certainly have with the presidential suite.

NYC
Level Contributor
17 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Privilege Aluxes rooms

Thnx for the reply SkiJax!

yes - the pres suite is 2 bedrooms -- I know there are more than one so I was just wondering if one os better than another -- yeah - the "closest" to the beach thing -- its not me but another person Im staying with wants the ocean to be AT the balcony - lol - I know its not!

NYC
Level Contributor
17 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Privilege Aluxes rooms

thanx -- its not as much the walk to the beach as the proximity from the balcony -- does that even make sense -- I know its silly - I think the pres suites are in the bldg where the main entrance is so I would think that the rooms to the far left would be "closer" to the beach at the SW tip

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,768 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Privilege Aluxes rooms

As SkiJax said, the building closest to the beach, hence having a balcony closest as well, would be building 6. Then 5, then 4. Buildings 1, 2, and 3 are set farther back from the beach. Also, keep in mind that ocean view could mean even a sideways view, or a sliver of a view between palm trees. The higher up you are, the better.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,626 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Privilege Aluxes rooms

There are three presidential suites and 9 platinum suites. I think the presidential suite is a good idea and it will be the cheapest option. I think all of the Presidentials are in buildings 4, 5, and 6.

If you look though the gallery on their website, there is an aerial view where you can see the rooms. The presidential suites are the ones with sliding glass doors and a plunge pool on the deck. The platinum's don't have sliding glass doors and the plunge pools are on the second floor.

New Carlisle, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,168 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Privilege Aluxes rooms

As the rest of the Islaperts say, the difference from the various buildings to the beach would be only a few small footsteps. Go higher up for the best views. My wife has mobility issues, but never was a problem walking for our room to the beach at Cafe del Mar or Playa Norte.

8. Re: Privilege Aluxes rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2014, 05:19