We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Zama

idaho
Level Contributor
130 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Casa Zama

anybody have much to say about this place...good or bad?

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
8 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Casa Zama

I stayed here in March 2013 and absolutely loved it!!! The house was so great that it ended up being our laziest trip to Isla. Normally, we run around and "do" stuff. Not so much this time. There is now a Chedraui market on the island, which is a lot of like a Costco. The owners of the house are willing to stock up the kitchen with what you want prior to your arrival. My biggest regret is that I didn't immediately book for 2014. It is booked UP!

Olathe, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,772 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Casa Zama

I would get a mapchick map. The owners of the Casitas we stayed at last year gave us lots of info, but we really used the map both before and during our stay. Now a year later and lots of tape I have my map to take with me on this trip. Enjoy your stay.

Kenai
Level Contributor
695 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Casa Zama

That map is our bible! Worth it's weight in gold!

Austin, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: Casa Zama

house is very pretty but doesn't live up to the photos. AC and hot tub didn't work, bedroom floods every time it rained . Plus the owners live in the basement so no privacy

3 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Casa Zama

hidden camera

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLCzwtz9L8s

Edited: 30 June 2015, 21:21
3 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Casa Zama

hidden camera

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLCzwtz9L8s

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
94 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Casa Zama

Wow, that's creepy.

Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,640 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Casa Zama

It is also many years old. This issue came up in another forum back then and the owners said the camera was not connected to anything, but they totally removed it anyway. I don't know where the truth lies but it is very strange that this video, which was widely viewed back then, suddenly appears years later by someone who has never before posted on this board or on any TA forum.

Edited: 30 June 2015, 22:08
Level Contributor
5 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Casa Zama

It's in the living room and the owners apartment is on the other side of the wall. Maybe just looking out for his investment . Saw it when I stayed and didn't bother me, most lobbies and common areas in hotels on the states have cameras.

Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,640 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Casa Zama

The previous discussion about it was at least five years ago, probably more. It is disturbing to read that it was not removed as the owner said it had been, as Ewperez saw it only two years ago. It would be disturbing to me if I were staying there.