We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

coming at the end of may. need help for hotel good location

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
coming at the end of may. need help for hotel good location

Hello,

we are coming to celebrate our honeymoon and we need help find a good hotel even if it more expensive .

What is the best side of the island?

looking for a place close to a nice beach with white sand.

thnaks

michigan
Level Contributor
820 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: coming at the end of may. need help for hotel good location

Check out Casa Sirena and Hotel Media Luna, did a split stay at both in April.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
9,958 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: coming at the end of may. need help for hotel good location

If being on a nice, white sand beach is your highest priority, you should look at the properties on Playa Norte (North Beach). For a honeymoon, I would suggest Privilege Aluxes, which also offers an all-inclusive package if you're interested, although I highly encourage you to go out to dinner since Isla has so many great places to eat. But many people get the AI package simply for drinks and perhaps breakfast.

Another property that would make a nice honeymoon resort is Villa Rolandi, although it is not on Playa Norte and is a bit removed from the downtown area with all of the restaurants. However, it is a beautiful property.

Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
2,308 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: coming at the end of may. need help for hotel good location

For your honeymoon, I would definitely recommend Hotel Playa Media Luna. They always have great deals this time of year. It is on the water & off the beaten path so a bit more private. Although, you are downtown & within walking distance to all the shops & restaurants. I would think this would be a romantic place to spend your honeymoon. If you want to spend a little more, check out Hotel Secreto, right next door.

Casa Sirena is a great bed & breakfast on Hidalgo just South of town. It is a beautiful B&B. The owner, Steve is an incredible host. You are not on the water but can see the water from the rooftop where there is a plunge pool. There is another plunge pool in the courtyard. They include a yummy breakfast & a rooftop happy hour with all their guests. It is very fun & you will meet lots of other nice people.

If you want romance out of town, I would recommend Villa La Bella, B&B on the Sea. You are iverlooking the ocean & the views of the sunrise are spectacular. They even have a honeymoon suite. I love the conch shell shower spouts. The owners, Ashley & Curtis are onsite & create a really beautiful environment. They too have yummy breakfasts.

Happy honeymoon & enjoy your time on Isla!

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
373 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: coming at the end of may. need help for hotel good location

Personally my favorite is Ixchel Beach Hotel. Ixchel are actually condos right on Playa Norte - white sand, no rock entry into the ocean, calm turquoise water, beach chairs and umbrellas provided. Plus, within walking distance from the main street in Centro offering you numerous restaurants to choose from, shoppping, and lots of evening places for cocktails. It's a perfect Honeymoon location. Plus massages under a Palapa right on the beach in front of the condos. That would be my choice for a Honeymoon.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,960 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: coming at the end of may. need help for hotel good location

Hey - I thought you were coming to Alaska for that honeymoon. :)

You will love Isla Mujeres - some of the best beaches, food and kind local folk you would want to me - enjoy!

I also would stay someone on Playa Norte. Happy Honeymoon! :)

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,624 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: coming at the end of may. need help for hotel good location

Privilege Aluxes, Ixchel Beach and Hotel Secreto (close to Playa Norte but on a rocky beach). If you want a small boutique hotel and you don't mind a small pool and walking to the beach, Hotel Secreto would be my first choice for a honeymoon. If you want a full service resort, go for Privilege Aluxes.

For a honeymoon, I'd also look at Villa Rolandi. It is not in Playa Norte but it is the nicest hotel on the island.

At PA, check out the platinum suites. Go for the highest room category at Villa Rolandi and Hotel Secreto. If Ixchel is your preference, #709 is should satisfy your need for a honeymoon wow factor.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
169 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: coming at the end of may. need help for hotel good location

Privilege Aluxes would be my choice for a honeymoon/ or first-timers! Have Fun!

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
9,958 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: coming at the end of may. need help for hotel good location

As much as I love Ixchel Beach, it wouldn't be my first choice for a honeymoon. Unless, as duckbilled suggests, Penthouse 709 was available. Best view on the island.

http://www.vrbo.com/166077

PS to duckbilled: I was hoping the Red Wings would finish #8 so we could hook up one last time.

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: coming at the end of may. need help for hotel good location

Hotel Las Palmas.... Great place and location.

Wonder why you never see anyone ( few and far between ) recommend it?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,034 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: coming at the end of may. need help for hotel good location

I would pick Villa Rolandi for a Honeymoon. If you want more privacy there are many beautiful vacations rentals to fit any budget you have.