We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bookit.com Great Sale

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
670 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Bookit.com Great Sale

Just booked the last three nights of our trip to Isla. Bookit.com has a great sale right now. We booked the last three nights on the island at the PA all inclusive for $220 a night Suite Deluxe. The PA website has a standard room non AI for $215 a night. Suite deluxe non AI for $272 a night, and the Suite Deluxe AI is - wait for it - $387 a night.

First eight days we'll be staying in the Colonias so this will be a wonderful final three days before heading home. Just a heads up if anyone is looking for a hotel stay on the island.

I think we got a great deal with $220 a night AI Suite Deluxe at the PA.

11 more days - rock and roll

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,496 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bookit.com Great Sale

That sounds great, Shamro. I would never pay 387 a night but 220 is excellent for an AI suite deluxe.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
914 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bookit.com Great Sale

Wow! I think you got a great deal!

What a lovely way to end your vacation! )

Manchester, New...
Level Contributor
188 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bookit.com Great Sale

I'm confused by your pricing. I guess the dates really make a difference. I booked mine on bookit on Thursday (during the 99 hour sale) and spent $154/night all inclusive (for both me & my Husband) In the Premium Room... which I believe is a step above. I am shocked at the different pricing when booked only 1 day apart? I booked for Sept 8-12 which is in the middle of Hurricane Season though.. maybe you booked around the holidays?

Manchester, New...
Level Contributor
188 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bookit.com Great Sale

Never mind, just realized the Suite Deluxe is a step above the Superior... not below. Making a lot more sense now haha

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,496 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bookit.com Great Sale

Superior is different from premium. Suite deluxe is indeed a step above the superior but a step below the premium, lol. Their room designations are very confusing, especially the premium one, which they also call the honeymoon suite. The "rankings" are as below, starting with the least expensive:

standard room

superior room

suite deluxe

suite premier (aka: honeymoon)

platinum suite

presidential suite

Manchester, New...
Level Contributor
188 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bookit.com Great Sale

For sure confusing! We went with the Superior Room, it's only 4 nights and I'm just excited for the low rate I booked we have a jacuzzi on the patio! (For our Honeymoon in Cancun last year we paid a lot extra for a suite because it had a jacuzzi on the patio haha)

Edited: 16 June 2013, 22:49
new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,496 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bookit.com Great Sale

For 154 a night AI you did very well. That's an excellent price.

Manchester, New...
Level Contributor
188 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bookit.com Great Sale

I felt like I did (as I couldn't come close to finding a decent AI in Cancun or Playa Del Carmen for anywhere near that pricing.... I would much rather go to IM anyways just never thought we could afford to on this particular low budget trip)

Thanks for confirming it; feeling great about the prices :)

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,336 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bookit.com Great Sale

Yep...rub it in Shamro..rub it in!!!! LOL I'm looking forward to hearing about your visit and stay in the colonias! :-)

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
670 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bookit.com Great Sale

WIBS, You know I will. I can't help it, I just love letting the rest of the world know that I'm heading off to the greatest place on God's green (or blue) earth. 11 glorious days... We are celebrating our anniversary on the 27th of June, the day we leave, and during our 32 years of marriage this is going to be our longest vacation. Due to our work schedules the longest vacation we have had is 9 days. (Although we do take about 3 trips a year) .

"2 tickets to paradise", baby....rock and roll