We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November on Isla

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
November on Isla

We are considering a mid November trip to Isla. I have searched and read them all. Looked at underground weather.

Still having trouble pulling the trigger on the purchase.

Is it slow and dead, some things closed, too cool to sun bath?

We were there end of January 2013, 70°F nights, 80-80°F days.

What's going on that time of yesr?

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
44,929 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: November on Isla

I went end of November

Most of the places were open

We did get a Norte (cold wind from the north) so it got a little chilly/windy

Warmer than Dec-Feb

Southwest Michigan
Level Contributor
2,528 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: November on Isla

We've been in early November several times. It is pretty slow, not much closed though. Weather is variable, it can be wet and cool but we've had warm sunny weather too.

I respectfully disagree about warmer than Feb. That is not our experience and we go every Feb.

Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
594 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: November on Isla

I went the first two weeks of Nov last year. The weather was spectacular. Water was great, evenings cool. I may have lucked out. Only 1 day of rain.

michigan
Level Contributor
862 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: November on Isla

We have a trip booked for the End of November, keeping our fingers crossed.

Courtenay, Canada
Level Contributor
410 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: November on Isla

We always go to Isla November and December. In 4 trip trips We have had rain twice. The day we were leaving. Short rainfall warm rain. A rainy day on Isla still beats a northwest coast rain were we live.

I find the temperatures just right. The pools tend to be a little cool except the heated pool at vlla rolandi. Ocean temps perfect.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
353 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: November on Isla

The early part of November is great temperature wise - you might get unlucky and get a Norte but not likely.

For me Sept/Oct are great months to be down on the Island weather wise - once Dec/Jan rolls around things have cooled way down! Sept is a very slow month for the island - they call it Sep-hambre "month of hunger".

Enjoy and let us know how it goes!

Mike

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
13,918 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: November on Isla

We were there in early November 3 years ago and it was great weather- hot and sunny every day. In our experience, better weather than we have had on our trips from December- February- we try to avoid those months on this coast, too risky for us, we want heat.

I loved it in November, it was not 'too quiet' at all, I don't think I would want to see it crowded, it was just right!

Seattle
Level Contributor
2,067 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: November on Isla

Have spent 2-weeks each year since 2005 for Thanksgiving in ISla and Playa. In 2006 it was so cold at night that we needed to buy hoodies (low-mid 50's), which are not so easy to find, the pools were way too cold to swim in, however the ocean was warm and perfect. That is the exception to the rule, the other 7 years have been almost perfect with at most 1-2 days of rain per trip even those were only a 1/2 day or less. Day temps usually upper 70's - low 80's with evenings in the mid 60's which is still short sleeve. Occasionally nite time temps can dip into the upper 50's for a couple days, We now travel with a warm sweater or hoodie just in case. The 1st couple times we traveled in NOV we needed umbrellas (when it rains it pours) and had to buy them so for the last 5 years we now bring our own umbrellas and would'nt you know it we have not needed them except one evening.

When we stay on isla we rent a penthouse at Ixchel, last year we had #501 and the Jacuzzi was not heated and it was too cold to use, however the weather was perfect (low 80's) and the ocean very warm.

Nov for us this is the best time to travel still low season (saves $$$) and the weather is perfect with little wind. We are divers and have also traveled numerous times in Mar-Apr nad wind has been a problem canceling countless dive trips.

9. Re: November on Isla

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2014, 05:16