We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sorry, But I Got To Do It!!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
670 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Sorry, But I Got To Do It!!

When it's time to take a vacation to this beautiful little piece of paradise I just can't help but let everyone know. This tme tormorrow I will be lying on the beach sipping on numerous "cold ones". I really don't care if it's raining, sunshine or even snowing, Playa Norte here I come.

It's funny - doesn't matter how many times I visit Isla, I still get just as excited as I did the first time I went. Anyway not to rub it in or anything, but "I'M GOING IS ISLA MUJERES TOMORROW". Sorry for shouting, "sorry, but I got to do it"

Anyone on the island - there are a number of TA'ers meeting at Fenix to share a couple of cold ones on Saturday at 7:00pm come by and enjoy the great drinks and that amazing sunset.

Got to finish packing have to be at the airport 5:00am which means I have to up at 4:00am. Thankfully the airport is only 20 mins away, although I don't think I'm going to sleep much anyway.

Hopefully, wifi willing, I'll be able to post some live updates.

Until then - astavalista. One excited and happy vacationer.

Seventeen more hours - Rock and Roll

Edited: 26 June 2013, 20:08
Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,408 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sorry, But I Got To Do It!!

"doesn't matter how many times I visit Isla, I still get just as excited as I did the first time I went."

And it doesn't matter how many times I read of somebody headed off to Isla, I still get excited for them. Have a great time and remember that we're awaiting all the juicy details.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sorry, But I Got To Do It!!

I'm hoping that there are still cold ones available for you when you arrive. My son and I did a pretty good depleting the stock and fotodude is already there draining down the new supply. No need to apologize for the excited shouting. I'm still running around shouting guess what I went to Isla. Have a great time and remember to take good notes for those trip reports when you get back.

Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
2,887 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sorry, But I Got To Do It!!

Have safe travels & we look forward to having you on the Island!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
670 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sorry, But I Got To Do It!!

WolrabRoil and I'm looking forward to experiencing that "One Eyed Cajun" too.

Rick: Apparently they watered down the last half of your pub crawl knowing that others were depending on some alcohol in the near future.

DMartin: Juicy details will be forth coming. Bally hoo back left hand side table will be occupied tomorrow.

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,336 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sorry, But I Got To Do It!!

Shamro! I was wondering what was taking you so long to post a 'rub it in' thread? LOL. :-D

Please throw back an Indio for me. Please! haha..

Have a wonderful holiday!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
670 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sorry, But I Got To Do It!!

WIBS: I can't guarantee it will be only 1. "rub it in" thread too funny!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sorry, But I Got To Do It!!

As long as you seem to be taking drink requests I will put in mine for a stop in at Tiny's Bar. Tell him Rick and Rick said Hi and throw back a couple of Mayan Sacrifices for us.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
670 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sorry, But I Got To Do It!!

Rick: had those in March...don't think my nose hair has grown back yet..... Tiny's was the place I went one night and don't even remember eating Taqueria Medina on the way back to the hotel. La Terazza was in there somewhere too.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,408 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sorry, But I Got To Do It!!

I'm sure by now everybody on Isla knows Los Dos Ricks.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sorry, But I Got To Do It!!

"I'm sure by now everybody on Isla knows Los Dos Ricks."

DMartin, We did leave our mark for sure.

Shamro,

Tiny makes a serious drink thats for sure. The key to the Mayan Sacrifice is speed. Onces that straw hits the glass there is no hanging around. You have about two seconds to empty the shot before the nose hairs ignite. One of my favorite places to stop in for a drink and conversation.