We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Purchasing Beach chairs

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis
Level Contributor
275 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Purchasing Beach chairs

Does anyone know if:

A). You can buy beach/ sand chairs at Chadrui (sp) on Isla

And, if not,

B). Where is the Wal Mart in Cancun?

Is it so far that buying our own for the 10 days we are on Isla wouldn't be cost-effective?

I know u can get them on the beach but overall, for a couple of beachbums we would like to save a little dinero wherever possible!

There will be. 2 of us and 10.00/day can add up ya know?!

Thank you for your thoughts!!

Thanks!

Southwest Michigan
Level Contributor
2,272 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Purchasing Beach chairs

A) The chairs that Chedraui has off and on are more like a camp chair, not a beach chair.

B) Walmart in Cancun does not carry beach chairs, Costco does.

if you do a little searching on the forum you will find info on where to use chairs that are free if you buy food and/or drinks. This has been discussed very recently. For 10 days.....I would not invest in buying chairs.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
275 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Purchasing Beach chairs

Thank you

:)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,108 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Purchasing Beach chairs

You can go to Chi Chi Charlies and get chairs for free if you buy a few beers from them. While walking along Playa Norte last week the prices were from 150 TO 200 Pesos for a few chairs.

It was all negotiable though... We went with Chi Chi Charles because the chairs were free and beech and beer were just as good as the other places!

Yakima, Washington
Level Contributor
344 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Purchasing Beach chairs

From the sounds of it there are a number if places that you can use the chairs for free if you buy x amount in food and/or drinks.

New England
Level Contributor
1,501 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Purchasing Beach chairs

It really depends on how much those beach bars are charging for food and drinks. Consider purchasing chairs before you leave home. Some of them can be very compact and ecen act as carry on luggage.

For our part when we go to Mexico we always look for a rental that offers the use of beach chairs and an umbrella. It tends to narrow the choice of lodging options down, but we always manage to find someplace.

Also for what it's worth I found that Playa Sol (northwest corner) was more appealing and the beach clubs there may be less expensive for chair rental, food and drinks, though we haven't been to Isla in three years.

Edited: 13 August 2013, 18:02
Ontario
Level Contributor
7,186 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Purchasing Beach chairs

MinneapolisMarla...aren't you staying at CC? If yes, I think they might have beach chairs (?)...I know there were a ton of lovely bech towels etc for you to take to the beach. If not, looks like you can rent them sonrisascatering.com/Sonrisas_Rentals.php

Edited: 13 August 2013, 18:13
TX
Level Contributor
5,691 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Purchasing Beach chairs

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150810-i360-k6748…

See this thread, and yes - as WIBS suggests, check out the Sonrisas site.

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,186 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Purchasing Beach chairs

Good catch Baja..I never saw that post. :-) CC owner posted on it and looks like the chairs might have met their demise with the salt lol.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
275 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Purchasing Beach chairs

Very helpful thanks!!!!!!

ft worth
Level Contributor
977 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Purchasing Beach chairs

We rented two chairs from sonrisas in June..she brought them to our rental and picked them up.. We never actually ended up using the chairs but I definately would recommend sonrisas if you wanted to rent them..The price was very reasonable

Edited: 15 August 2013, 19:15