We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sterling to pesos

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
yorkshire
Level Contributor
63 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Sterling to pesos

I have read the other threads about currency exchange but nothing really refers to sterling to pesos exchange.Will the banks on isla easily change sterling to pesos. I incur very high charges for ATM usage abroad so that's not really an option. Any advice about sterling exchange would be appreciated.

Mi Wuk Village...
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sterling to pesos

Banks and cambios will exchange. Larger hotels will..though you will be hosed on the rate. Many Brits come over and use ATMs. Perhaps you should post asking which banks they use and what rates they get. I know in the US it varies from bank to bank and even amongst customers of the same bank. Are the rates your bank charges fixed?

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,008 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sterling to pesos

Determine your budget and then get pesos at home

See this post on the same subject

tripadvisor.ca/…49205567

Then bring backup sterling to exchange if you run low

3. Re: Sterling to pesos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2014, 05:17