We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Runners?

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
150 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Any Runners?

I usually run a few times when in Isla.This trip I would like to run the whole island. To my best knowledge that would be approx 10 miles or 15- ish Kilometers. Any takers for the first ever Isla Mujeres 15k? Finish line at North Beach?

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,206 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any Runners?

There's one lady that I offered to be her "running caddy"...drive along side her in a golf cart and be at her beck/call to hand over water & cold towels lol. :-)

Hope you find some fellow runners pine1010.

Michigan
Level Contributor
42 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any Runners?

My sister in law and I are in. We have our Feb 2014 trip booked.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
150 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any Runners?

Sorry MichiganVada..I forgot to mention I will be in Isla Nov 12- 20...... But I will Garmin my route :)

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
353 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any Runners?

I ran it back in 07! It's right at 10 miles Jax to south point via caribe side then back around the bay side

There is actually an annual race around isla for Navy day in June.

That was my motivation, when I showed for the race they had decided to do it the week earlier.

Go figure, so I ran it by myself. Enjoy your run!

Only one place had a dog that chased me, but do watch for them.

Mike

Edited: 11 October 2013, 04:31
Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
374 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any Runners?

I can drive the golf cart to bring you water ! Lol

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
150 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any Runners?

@travelash1 ...not a bad idea! we gave a car but my wife driving 5mph would be a miriacle! When will you be on Isla? E mail me at jeffdekleva@gmail.com

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
279 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any Runners?

While 10 miles is a little beyond my ability at this point, one of the highlights of my last trip (May 2013) was going on a run by myself along the malecon down past the airport and back during a perfect morning. No one around, and I got to watch a beautiful sunrise. *sigh*

Denton, Texas...
Level Contributor
460 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any Runners?

I realize that running is very healthy, and I WISH I wanted to do it. If any of you ever see me running, you better run, too. It will definitely mean I am running FROM something. :) But, I volunteer to drive the cart and splash water ever so often.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
914 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any Runners?

lol heynurse, I was just about to post I only run when someone is chasing me! The only thing I can think I would run to (well, he's not a thing, I guess) is George Clooney.

PS ..... I call dibs if he ever comes back to Isla!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any Runners?

I wish I could join you. Running was one of my favorite activities and something I miss very much. Looks like you have several volunteers for cart drivers to follow you along the route so maybe I'll ride along and hand out the towels and water. I'd hate to see the driver get distracted by the hand off. :-)