We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chocolate!

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chippewa Falls...
Level Contributor
279 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Chocolate!

Does anyone know if the chocolate that is made in Cozumel is available on Isla? I believe it is

chocolates KaoKao?

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,662 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chocolate!

According to their website you can find them in Cancun but not on Isla. Also at the airport. It's possible someone carries it on Isla but I've never seen it.

www.chocolateskaokao.com/Retailers.aspx

Chippewa Falls...
Level Contributor
279 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chocolate!

Thanks Traveler, I will look for it at the airport! That is some delicious chocolate!

Hancock, New...
Level Contributor
2,190 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chocolate!

It's well worth seeking out. You might try emailing them to ask - one of the owners will almost certainly get back to you with information.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
38,437 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chocolate!

oh shoot - something else I will HAVE to try . . . :)

Hancock, New...
Level Contributor
2,190 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chocolate!

Yes. The "factory tour" is fascinating (though the one thing you don't actually get to do is tour the factory...), and you get to make your own drinking chocolate. That alone would make a visit worthwhile, but the chocolate itself is well worth seeking out. They make it from raw beans start to finish. It's properly-tempered, well-balanced, perfumed chocolate. They have a whole range of types, including one they'll only make one year then stop. I grew up on chocolate my parents bought in Brussels - I'm picky about chocolate. Kaokao is my favorite bar chocolate.

Boston...
Level Contributor
825 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chocolate!

Mark S

If you are ever visiting Mass, you should do a Taza chocolate tour. Their chocolate is made the same way you described and it is YUMMY!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chocolate!

Kelly R,

ITA the chocolate at Taza is amazing. The Fire Puncher is my favorite and when it's available I always make a trip over to Somerville to pick up a few disks.

Chippewa Falls...
Level Contributor
279 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chocolate!

The chocolate from Cozumel is amazing! I will email them to find out if it is available on Isla, otherwise I will pick some up in Cancun. I agree it is worth seeking out!

Hancock, New...
Level Contributor
2,190 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chocolate!

One of the owners at Kaokao really pushed Taza to us a couple of weeks ago. He said it was one of the very few places he knows of that makes chocolate the way Kaokao does.

I always seem to drive by it late at night. These days I'm hardly ever in the area during the day.

Boston...
Level Contributor
825 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Chocolate!

Mark S

My local Wholefoods sells Taza as well. In the one I go to, it is either near where the other chocolate is or sometimes it is near where they keep the cheese and olive bar