We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying swim trunks on isla

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
12 posts
Save Topic
Buying swim trunks on isla

I leave for isla in one week and I am beyond excited. There seems to be nowhere in stores that are selling swim trunks anymore. I have a speedo but also want a pair of trunks to wear around. Is there anywhere on the island that sells men swim shorts? Expensive?

Saint Joseph...
Level Contributor
159 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying swim trunks on isla

Just a couple of days ago I bought my husband 3 pairs at Kohl's on the clearance rake. $4 a piece :). If you have one in your area you might want to try there.

Sorry I have no info as to what they cost on Isla I'm sure someone will be along that will though.

Olathe, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying swim trunks on isla

We saw swim trunks at Chedaui last year. I am sure they will have them just not sure about the prices.

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,168 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying swim trunks on isla

Yes, Chedraui had loads of swimming trunks last November..couldn't believe the selection. Cheap too...around $10 to $20 if I recall correctly.

San Francisco...
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying swim trunks on isla

Where's Chedraui? Do they also have cheap speedos? Thanks.

Boston...
Level Contributor
821 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying swim trunks on isla

"Where's Chedraui? Do they also have cheap speedos? Thanks."

I hope not! ;) Kidding.

Chedraui is a huge building. Sort of like Wal-Mart. Did you get a Mapchick map? It is listed on there

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,168 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buying swim trunks on isla

LOL..sorry..don't recall seeing speedos.

Chedraui...take the western road south...like Kelly R said..big building..can't miss it.

Stillwater...
Level Contributor
863 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buying swim trunks on isla

Chedraui is on the right hand side at the stop light - across from the ball field.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
914 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buying swim trunks on isla

There is also a shop attached to PA that sells swim wear. Not sure about the prices, but it will be more than Chedraui and probably better quality, too. There is also a nice men's and women's clothing store on Hidalgo that might sell men's bathing suits, I know they sell some women's. I don't know the name of it, but it's just a bit south of Rooster's Café, on the same side.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
914 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buying swim trunks on isla

Oh and I believe it\s illegal to sell men's speedos in Mexico.

Ha!

kansas city
Level Contributor
166 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Buying swim trunks on isla

That shop at PA was closed and empty in August when I was there. I forgot to pack trunks and didn't realize it until I got there. There are shops in a building called Plaza Maya south and across the street from the Pemex gas station by Bally Hoo. When I went in there and asked, they pointed to a stall inside and I found trunks there .I don't remember the price, I was just glad to find some.