We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unbelievable evening at Lolo Lorena's!

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh
Level Contributor
311 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Unbelievable evening at Lolo Lorena's!

We had the pleasure of eating in Lolo's garden this evening.

We stopped first at Chedraui for wine. Lolo is so well known that while we were deciding between red or white, we were stopped and asked if we were dining at Lola's. We were told we were in for a treat, expectations were high. We then purchased both, a red and white.

We arrived a little early and Lolo informed us that there would be 4 of us. However, about 15 minutes prior to dinner, the other couple cancelled. I was very disappointed for Lolo as there is a lot of thought and preparation for these events. So, we had Lolo all to ourselves, lucky us.

We were treated to an outstanding culinary event. Each course had amazing layered flavors. Every course was our favorite. Her vegetables and sauces are so good that they melt in your mouth. Don't even get me started on the desserts.

After dinner, we had the opportunity to sit with Lolo and talk. She is warm, funny, charming and extremely fun. We were lucky that we ate there early on in our trip as now we have time to go back.

Thanks to this forum for all your help. We are loving our first trip to Isla and are quickly becoming Islaholics!

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,104 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Unbelievable evening at Lolo Lorena's!

Glad you got a chance to eat and chat with Lolo!

I was there last year and couldn't manage a return trip this year but am hoping to get back in Dec. 2014. Thanks for writing and reminding me of a great evening!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
351 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Unbelievable evening at Lolo Lorena's!

Another shout out for Lolo!!! Had a very similar positive experience with her.

It was just my wife and me. So, she postponed a large group because she knew it was our anniversary so she wanted us to have an intimate evening. She is a jewel of the island!

If you can go you should go.

Mike

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
9,833 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Unbelievable evening at Lolo Lorena's!

Wow, a private dinner with Lolo? That would rank right up there with the Chef's Table in the kitchen of Charlie Trotter's! I am sooo jealous.

By special arrangement, Lolo also offers a chance to spend the day with her working side by side in her kitchen--something we hope to do on our next trip (yes, we're already planning).

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
5,873 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Unbelievable evening at Lolo Lorena's!

Lucky you! It sounds awesome, I don't miss going to Lolo's for dinner when I'm on the island! It's a real treat!

Kenai
Level Contributor
668 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Unbelievable evening at Lolo Lorena's!

"Every course was our favorite" too true!!! I've had so many favorite courses at Lolo's that when asked my favorite meal I just say Lolo Lorena's ANYTHING served!

I was wondering if she would open her kitchen to teach as is currently popular... I am SO tempted..I really feel she is an artist...each course beautifully presented...even when she is serving 24 as she did on Valentines last year....

There is a special ambience in her garden or dining room-- We always meet someone special there! I'll be seeing her in person in 6 weeks... I think we will ALSO have to visit her twice during this trip!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Unbelievable evening at Lolo Lorena's!

I can't wait to dine at Lolo's. In all of the times I've been to Isla I've never had the privledge. I'm booked for dinner with her on December 9th and based on all the comments about wanting to have a second night I might have to make my both my first and second visits to Lolo's in December

Edited: 21 October 2013, 01:42
Montreal
Level Contributor
800 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Unbelievable evening at Lolo Lorena's!

It was nice meeting you Penni :)

It's so nice of you for wanting to help at the Torguga Release :)

Didn't quite make it at Lolo's, we figured we'd ruin everyone's dinner if we went with a cranky baby!!

See you around :)

Raleigh
Level Contributor
311 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Unbelievable evening at Lolo Lorena's!

Paradisiaque,

It was nice meeting you too.

Maybe next year at Lola's.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
914 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Unbelievable evening at Lolo Lorena's!

A few months ago Lolo was offering cooking classes for $100 per person. Don't recall any other details. I would contact Lolo and ask her directly to see if they are still happening!

Edited: 23 October 2013, 14:08
paris
Level Contributor
50 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Unbelievable evening at Lolo Lorena's!

Yes it on ,most part of the year , for december january and february you need to make your reservation for it at list a month before , because i don't have very much evening available .and during the season im workinfg pretty much every nights!

i recommend you to send me a message on my facebook page , the link is on my tripadvisor page click website , ill explain you more .

THank you so very much for all your comments, it is the most amazing motivation, now i just want to be better then yestarday , and not quiet as good as tomorrow .

Thank you thank you thank you.

lolo